NGD...and need some help.

Lightningflash

So, a local mom and pop shop listed this PRS on my local craigslist. They said it's been in their back room forever and no one knows where it came from, how it got there, and what it was even there for. I bought it for $380 + tax.

It needs a nut and some pickups. I tested the truss-rod and it seems to be working fine.
Now, I need to know what the spacing needs to be on the pickups so I can get this thing put back together.

Thanks in advance!

20190608_123016.jpg

20190608_123009.jpg

You are my hero.

PRS use 49.2mm spaced pickups, but no reason you can't go for something 50mm, or 52mm in the bridge if you want the strings and poles to line up prettier.

Dang!! That's a stellar score!!

Standard humbucker spacing.

When did the Custom 24 come with J birds??

How about a pic of the back of the headstock?

Sweet top!

Yeah, 08, 09 were the two years of hollow birds, but those birds are really white. I need a close up of them. Most of the time you can barely see them on the fretboard. For pickups you could just go back with the original HFS/Vintage, or something more modern. I put 59/09's in one of my Cu24's and they are really powerful in it.

I've been busy away from home but here's the family photo as promised.

First the USA models L-R oldest to newest '97 McCarty Semi-Hollow, '09 Singlecut Hollowbody I, 2010 Custom 24
Ineldha.jpg

And with the '07 SE Custom
So2zruA.jpg

The custom 24 tag is 11/01/2010 S/N 167544

Sweet deal, congrats! For that savings, you could also send it to the PTC for a complete HW upgrade, etc.

Holy cow!! That’s a find on CL. Plus you survived with both kidneys I presume?

Gorgeous guitar. You could buy whatever trem spaces pickups or you could buy some PRS ones. Lots on the market.

So, a local mom and pop shop listed this PRS on my local craigslist. They said it's been in their back room forever and no one knows where it came from, how it got there, and what it was even there for. I bought it for $380 + tax.

It needs a nut and some pickups. I tested the truss-rod and it seems to be working fine.
Now, I need to know what the spacing needs to be on the pickups so I can get this thing put back together.

Thanks in advance!

20190608_123016.jpg

20190608_123009.jpg
Congrats!

Wish I could find a PRS ‘build kit’ like that! :)

Killer Score the Modcat is in the treble pickup route there is a decoder that will tell you the spec the guitar came with for that low $$$ I would send it back to PRS ( PTC ) and have then return it to 100% new condition and it would still be a steal

Thanks in advance!

20190608_123016.jpg

20190608_123009.jpg

Congrats! Probably the biggest score of the year other than free!

Killer Score the Modcat is in the treble pickup route there is a decoder that will tell you the spec the guitar came with for that low $$$ I would send it back to PRS ( PTC ) and have then return it to 100% new condition and it would still be a steal

How much is it to do that?

Back