NGD (and first post)

That is one fine example of the 594 HBII! Mine is in my hands 90% of the time I am playing guitar!! Congrats on a great score and cheers to many more (and you KNOW there will be more)!!!
I agree! I’ve been shopping for a 10-top, but that one popped on to Sweetwater and despite NOT being a 10-top I really loved the grain. Saved a ton of money!

I agree! I’ve been shopping for a 10-top, but that one popped on to Sweetwater and despite NOT being a 10-top I really loved the grain. Saved a ton of money!

Sweet New Guitar and welcome to the 594 HBii owners club... Superb guitars...

As for the 10-top, not one of my '7' cores are 10tops and that also includes my HBii with a 1 piece Top/Back too. Every one of my guitars has a LOT of grain definition and (in my opinion) more Character than a lot of the 10 tops so I think it really comes down to personal preference as to the 'grading' of the grain pattern. If you like very thin and even lines right across the top, then are 'thicker' lines that are also very consistent across the top only a 8/9? What about interesting grain structure that maybe create characteristic and very individual looking tops when book marked but are not 'consistent' across the whole top? As I said, it's just 'preference'. A 10top to me just means that its going to be quite consistent if 'ordering' blind, but if you can shop around, you'll find non-10 tops that you'll prefer because they'll have something 'interesting' giving it more 'character'.

At the end of the day, what matters most is that you like it and you got a sweet looking one there - 10-top or not it's still a beauty!

Congrats! Love those Pattern Vintage neck carved on the 594 models

Back