NGD 594HBii Finish Flaws - Updated

Headset

Guitarrista
Hi All,

I just got a goldtop 594 HBii that sounds amazing but the guitar has finish flaws I’ve never seen on a PRS before. They include chipped paint in the f holes, tooling marks on the binding and fretboard of the 12th fret, and a scratch on the neck heel. It plays great so I’m tempted to keep it if the retailer will refund some of my money. It might be nit picky but these flaws should not be on a 5k+ guitar to me. Thoughts? Any guidance is appreciated.

96750999-1606-4-E45-A45-F-571-A476482-C2.jpg

8-EDB3-B27-C2-EA-4844-B02-E-36-B4-B1-A929-F7.jpg

CA6-A4-EB4-C7-AE-4439-BFBF-FBAE1-B6-C5-F15.jpg

Appreciate the response! They’ll tell me to work with the retailer. Manufacturers typically give rebates to retailers for damages, defects and refunds. Just wondering if this is compound stuck in micro scratches or actual chips or prominent scratches. I took a polish cloth to these areas and it didn’t do much of anything. Don’t know if anyone has seen this type of stuff before on their guitars.

Thanks all for the responses! My retailer confirmed this is way outside PRS QA tolerance and that the retailer also should’ve caught it on inspection. It’s going back to be reviewed and possibly repaired or replaced. It’s disappointing when things go wrong but nice to know I deal with people who take care of my interests as a consumer. I guess my NGD post will have to wait. Thanks again for helping a fellow PRS fan out.

Thanks all for the responses! My retailer confirmed this is way outside PRS QA tolerance and that the retailer also should’ve caught it on inspection. It’s going back to be reviewed and possibly repaired or replaced. It’s disappointing when things go wrong but nice to know I deal with people who take care of my interests as a consumer. I guess my NGD post will have to wait. Thanks again for helping a fellow PRS fan out.
You did the right thing, and as usual so is PRS and your dealer.
Can't wait to see the replacement!

Update here that PRS and the dealer worked together to address my concerns. The retailer just sent me some pics including the below and I think she looks great. They’re sending her back to me priority 1 day shipping as a gesture of goodwill. I’m stoked to get the guitar back in my hands. I chalk this up as a win in my book. It’s nice to know my retailer and guitar manufacturer of choice have my back.

8-E2-F6-F13-E501-4-A7-A-AD56-9-A2997-B1-B305.jpg

Update here that PRS and the dealer worked together to address my concerns. The retailer just sent me some pics including the below and I think she looks great. They’re sending her back to me priority 1 day shipping as a gesture of goodwill. I’m stoked to get the guitar back in my hands. I chalk this up as a win in my book. It’s nice to know my retailer and guitar manufacturer of choice have my back.

8-E2-F6-F13-E501-4-A7-A-AD56-9-A2997-B1-B305.jpg
That’s awesome

DCA41-DE1-BA4-F-4-C27-9078-A82-DAB86857-C.jpg

9706-BC7-F-4-B0-E-43-F4-8316-2-C2-B97149923.jpg

2-CF7844-E-9-E39-4386-AB04-F6-A60-CAD6-F00.jpg

She looks gorgeous and sounds amazing! I can go as extreme as metal and have zero feedback issues with a decent noise gate. The single coil type sounds really bring out the acoustic nature of the instrument. The pattern vintage neck is indeed quite beefy. It’s definitely a bit cumbersome high up on the neck but is overall pretty comfortable. I’m definitely more of a fixed bridge guy than tremolo but hey that’s what different guitars are for. +1 for PRS and their customer service.

Thanks everyone! It was definitely compound. When I sent the pics to my retailer they couldn’t tell from the photo if there was damage underneath or not. They advised me to send it back for review before I did any further work myself. They admitted they should have caught it on initial inspection and were transparent every step of the way.

It is the same guitar. The turnaround was very quick. They took great care of me. The axe is fantastic!

Back