PRS Mark Holcomb Limited Edition PTC Mod Project!

Marty got back to me with an update on the current progress for the Holcomb mod project! Here's the first peek at the transformation! :cool:

25DEF66A-30FA-431E-B10B-D7F38C7378EE_zpssjizlizk.jpg

Still has 2 more color coats and then some clear coats ahead, but should be done in about a week or so and then she's off to see Skitchy for final assembly and setup! Looks like it's an early Christmas present for Matt this year, and considering how rough things have been recently on the health front, it's a very welcome time for some good news! :D

NICE! I love a bengal and a Floyd :)

NICE! I love a bengal and a Floyd :)

White Bengal is also sick, but this beauty is getting a little more COLOR! :D

Wow so sick! can't wait to play her! .. oh wait .. man.. OK! can't wait to see the final results, and for you to play her! and make a video of course.

Haha yep I'll be sure to put together a vid once she's done! ;)

Per Marty: "We still have to do some clean up and tighten some of the graphic lines and then it will be off to final clear coats. Getting real close to the end here."

E9076189-BDF4-4EC2-991B-F4A923979A13_zpsduzgr3qf.jpg

Looking good! Once she gets some clearcoat, that finish is REALLY going to pop!!! :cool:

White Bengal is also sick, but this beauty is getting a little more COLOR! :D

:cool:

This is a Custom Shop Jackson but one that a dealer spec'ed and had in stock; i wanted to order one direct from the custom shop and they quoted me like double the price and up to a years wait and the only difference would have been the paint......really wanted hot neon pink with the bengal strips......

Yours is gonna be so sick......surpised they did the white and stripes first, always thought they did the stripes and then masked it off to do color, looks like the way they it would be real time consuming and labor intensive but it sure looks like it is gonna be sick!

900x900px-LL-9bb28d6b_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

Said it before, but graphic guitars will always have a special place in my heart. Still my overall favorite finish style. This just looks superb!!

Holy shhhh! that looks so wicked! dude major GAS!

Your tiger looks very different from all the others I've seen, something to do with the colors. plus I think just bcs there's an arch in the body it makes the paint job pop.

Keep it coming :oops:

Looks like she's all done with clearcoat and polish and on the way back to PRS HQ for final assembly and setup! :D

832F5B5B-19B9-4392-882B-159780428458_zps1sjs5tcs.jpg

B1A0BFB2-996D-4A3D-893F-46798C203D1A_zpsnqg4larx.jpg

1F89D3D2-DE90-47C0-9F46-E81B67DFAFCD_zpsblzhcjj3.jpg

35C2DD29-07E2-46E4-BD65-1C7900BAB6B0_zpsqwagnfbi.jpg

The matching yellow/orange bengal burst finish on the neck came out great too, decided to have Marty match the neck (as seen on the Jackson Soloist this one is based on) but the clearcoat is still done in satin to keep that killer playability it had stock! So close!!! :D

Looks like she's all done with clearcoat and polish and on the way back to PRS HQ for final assembly and setup! :D

832F5B5B-19B9-4392-882B-159780428458_zps1sjs5tcs.jpg

B1A0BFB2-996D-4A3D-893F-46798C203D1A_zpsnqg4larx.jpg

1F89D3D2-DE90-47C0-9F46-E81B67DFAFCD_zpsblzhcjj3.jpg

The matching yellow/orange bengal burst finish on the neck came out great too, decided to have Marty match the neck (as seen on the Jackson Soloist this one is based on) but the clearcoat is still done in satin to keep that killer playability it had stock! So close!!! :D

I so love this! You need to post a Mr. Scary clip once this is back in your hands.

Last edited:

I like how he left the 10 top designation next to the s/n... It sure has stripes....

I so love this! You need to post a Mr. Scary clip once this is back in your hands.

I'm thinking maybe some Ratt or perhaps Steel Panther... :p

Hollleeeeee crap!!!
Outstanding.
Dat ass....

Right?! Back is just as cool as the front! :D

Just got news from PRS yesterday, she landed safely and I should have this baby back in my hands before Christmas! :eek: Best Christmas ever! :D

Looks like she's on Skitchy's bench! :cool: Sounds like this puppy is going to all buttoned up by next week! Little preview since I know I'm not the only one excited to see the progress being made on this beauty!

0F44ACDD-6EAF-4184-B28B-26B7F4630DDC_zpswi8w7tae.jpg

DAT FINISH THO! :eek: Black hardware was definitely the right call! ;) So close to the finish line!! :D

Back