Mark Holcomb SE 6 string

Corey7string

I have to replace the bridge pickup on Holcomb SE 6 string. I bought it used and the previous owner swapped out the SD pickups alpha and omega with Lundgren Black Heavens. What is the correct pickup for my guitar? I believe F spaced pickups are for Floyd Rose equipped guitars. Is this correct?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Sorry I did not introduce first. This is my first time doing anything like this. I have a few different guitars…Ibanez,Schecter and one PRS Mark Holcomb 6 string. Of all my guitars this one plays the best because of the 20” radius. Hopefully I can get some help with my first post. Thanks

The Holcomb is standard spaced. The Alpha and Omega pickups (which are fantastic, BTW, even though you don't have them) are standard spaced.

You are correct about the F-spaced pickups, but in my (very brief) research, just about everyone who chimed in said you don't need the F-spaced for a Floyd guitar - they're a tad wider, but they said the magnetic field still covers the strings (not that it applies here).

I have a Holcomb and can't understand why anyone would change those pups out. That instrument is just perfectly balanced right off the shelf. Grab yourself a new set and restore it back to it's original glory, you won't be disappointed.
Same. I love my Holcomb. You can find a new set of the Alpha/Omega's for about $278, and I saw a used set for $200 on Reverb.

Thank you all for the information. I never got the chance to hear the alpha and omega unfortunately. The Lundgrens def sound great though. When i bought the guitar the previous owner switched them out plus put Sperzel locking tuners on it as well. As soon as I played it in my local guitar store I knew I had to have it.

Back