PRS SE Mira mods

Jonathan_Oakley

Hey guys! i am a new owner of a PRS SE Mira. Sadly the guitar arrived with a faulty selector switch. Not a big deal, im replacing all the electronics with high quality parts. My question is, I play a lot of punk rock and blues. I find the pickups a little muddy, esspecially the neck pickup. On stage i play a peavy xxx through a line 6 4x12 cab. At home i use a joyo atomic with an orange cab and I also have a fender pro jr. Typically i use a soul food OD, RAT pedal, boss noise supressor, boss compressor, and a reverb pedal. I also have a Zoom G3XN.

Do you guys have any pickup suggestions? I was thinking either two gibson dirty fingers pickups, or a set of seymour duncan black winters. Also, do covered pickups fit the pickguard or only uncovered pickups.

Thanks!
Jonathan Oakley

57/08’s or 59/09 for classic feel. Otherwise go with what blows your skirt up.

I am not a big fan of Mira pickups in general, and I’ve had great results with 57/08’s as well as PRails

Krne5gO.jpg

UQx1Z5c.jpg

yt1rFoN.jpg

I am not a big fan of Mira pickups in general, and I’ve had great results with 57/08’s as well as PRails

Krne5gO.jpg

UQx1Z5c.jpg

yt1rFoN.jpg
Trying hard to like the stock mira pickups but honestly they suck. Neck is muddy, middle is useless and the bridge is a little too mid heavy but in a bad way. Tried multiple amps, pedals, settings..just not for me. Still trying to decide on replcement pickups.

Trying hard to like the stock mira pickups but honestly they suck. Neck is muddy, middle is useless and the bridge is a little too mid heavy but in a bad way. Tried multiple amps, pedals, settings..just not for me. Still trying to decide on replcement pickups.

I couldn’t stand them in the 3 regular Mira’s I’ve had and I changed out the Soapbars in my 25th Anni too.

Nothing wrong with swapping. Go for it!

Krne5gO.jpg

UQx1Z5c.jpg
Hey nice mods! I have the same red color core mira and I have a question! Does the p-rails pickups fit in it with the triple shots? I can see they fit in mira x but what about this one? Do you need to cut the pickguard and move the screw that is very close to the bridge pickup?

Back