NGD: 2016 CE24 in Amber

Thanks guys. She's definitely a keeper.

Light, balanced, tight, big ballsy tone. Cuts great with the band. Sounds great through my AC30 with Blues and my Mark V. I dare say this has a bigger more open sound than my LP with SD Whole Lotta Humbucker and my other guitarists LP loaded with the SD Slash set. I really didn't expect that at all.

The 85/15 pickups rock.
Keep this up and you'll make me order mine before I'm done saving the cash!

Congratulations! Are you sure it's Amber? I would have guessed tortoise shell. Either way it's beautiful. Oh, and for me, CE's rock harder and cut through better than Customs.

Thanks guys. She's definitely a keeper.

Light, balanced, tight, big ballsy tone. Cuts great with the band. Sounds great through my AC30 with Blues and my Mark V. I dare say this has a bigger more open sound than my LP with SD Whole Lotta Humbucker and my other guitarists LP loaded with the SD Slash set. I really didn't expect that at all.

The 85/15 pickups rock.
Awesome guitar - Maybe my next one. How do you like the "single coil" sound?

Awesome guitar - Maybe my next one. How do you like the "single coil" sound?

Now that I think about it I spent the whole time in humbucker mode. I'll try to spend time on the clean settings when I get a chance this week. My Tele is in rebuild mode so the only comparison I'll be able to make is with the Lace Golds in my Strat. I don't expect the PRS to quack. I do expect them to still sound pretty dang good though in their own way.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it I spent the whole time in humbucker mode. I'll try to spend time on the clean settings when I get a chance this week. My Tele is in rebuild mode so the only comparison I'll be able to make is with the Lace Golds in my Strat. I don't expect the PRS to quack. I do expect them to still sound pretty dang good though in their own way.
I am hoping that is what you will say after you give it a good test run. I played a CE 24 last year at NAMM through headphones and liked it but have never had the opportunity to play one through a bona fide amp.
Glad you are enjoying your new baby!

Spent the last 2 hours playing around with the push pull single coil sounds. IMO its a bit of a mixed bag but I guess expected when dealing with splitting humbuckers. The magic is the middle position. Its got some spank and has a full sound with some chime. Think beast of burden tone but with a little less chime but more focused. If I cared about chasing the exact tone with this PRS I'd say I wish the tone went to 11 for that little extra brightness. Middle is very usable.

The bridge single coil sounds great as well. Bright full and open.

So now the neck in single mode... Dark tone. The only way I can describe it is it reminds me of a Duncan 59 in a Les Paul with the tone maybe on 7. Very warm. Acoustic like. I really prefer the full humbucker clean tones to the single in the neck.

I have no complaints at all with the clean tones with the full humbuckers. When split the MIDDLE position is probably the only mode I'll use. It retains a lot of the volume, adds brightness, thins the tone out in a good way which I can see being great for funky stuff. I like how its simple but yet I sometimes wish I had separate tone knobs for a little more control.

I might use the bridge single every now and then to change things up but I really like the way the full humbucker sound as is.

Alright. Worked night shift last night so I'm running on fumes. Time for bed.

Back