NGD: 2006 PRS Singlecut Satin Soapbar

Andi

Hello! It's been years since I introduced myself... my name is Andrea, I'm from Italy, I've always loved PRS guitars, I used to have a Custom 24, then I sold it as I wasn't playing much often.

More recently I picked up the guitar again, I've been playing a lot and I re-joined the band I used to play with.

I normally play a roasted pine American Pro II Strat (modified with a white pickguard and a set of Gold Lace Sensors and locking tuners), but then I found this guitar on Reverb and I immediately pulled the trigger :)

It's one of the best guitars I've ever played (maybe the best?), when I plugged it in into my Mesa Recto-Verb 25 I immediately fell in love. The neck shape (wide fat), coupled with the satin finish, is fantastic.
But then - obviously :D :D - I felt the need to mod it just a little bit, so right now my luthier is fitting a set of Lollar 50's Wind P90s, in order to have a slightly lower output, more vintage sound.

Based on what I understood it's not a common model so... another reason to keep it and enjoy playing it for the rest of my life :)

Looking forward to being more active on this forum!

Best,
A.

prs1.jpg

If they're wired the original way, they're hum-canceling when combined. PRS has done that since their first soapbar models, at least core versions.

Exactly :)

Yes, they do hum a bit in positions 1 and 3, almost no hum at all in position 2.
To be honest it's definitely not a deal breaker in any case since I'm more of a single coil person, so I'm used to that...

Thanks again to all of you!

Thanks a lot to all of you!

Does anybody have an idea of the production volumes (or even years) for this model?

It's really strange... I only found 2-3 videos on YT, almost no reviews at all (one on MusicRadar and that's it, IIRC), it almost looks like this PRS model flew way under the radar :)

Hello! It's been years since I introduced myself... my name is Andrea, I'm from Italy, I've always loved PRS guitars, I used to have a Custom 24, then I sold it as I wasn't playing much often.

More recently I picked up the guitar again, I've been playing a lot and I re-joined the band I used to play with.

I normally play a roasted pine American Pro II Strat (modified with a white pickguard and a set of Gold Lace Sensors and locking tuners), but then I found this guitar on Reverb and I immediately pulled the trigger :)

It's one of the best guitars I've ever played (maybe the best?), when I plugged it in into my Mesa Recto-Verb 25 I immediately fell in love. The neck shape (wide fat), coupled with the satin finish, is fantastic.
But then - obviously :D :D - I felt the need to mod it just a little bit, so right now my luthier is fitting a set of Lollar 50's Wind P90s, in order to have a slightly lower output, more vintage sound.

Based on what I understood it's not a common model so... another reason to keep it and enjoy playing it for the rest of my life :)

Looking forward to being more active on this forum!

Best,
A.

prs1.jpg
I had that same exact guitar many years ago (I believe it was even an 06) and to this day regret letting it slip away.
Great find...hope you enjoy!

Back