Newest SE custom 24's

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by ReigningGlory, Apr 28, 2012.

1. ReigningGlory

ReigningGlory New Member

I was pretty intrigued by the announcement of the latest enhancements (coil split, beveled edge, blade switch) on the newest model of the SE CU24. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any to check out. Any idea where they might be available and how soon they should be in Maryland dealers?

2. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero

Hi John,

Here is a link to the dealer locator and a list of Maryland dealers. I know this isn't the direct answer you were looking for but until one of us has a specific answer it might be worth your time to call a dealer of your choosing and see if they can help.

http://prsguitars.com/dealer.php

Bay Tunes Guitars
    15 Lee Airpark Drive
    Edgewater, MD 21037
    (410) 956-0065

Bill's Music House
    733 Frederick Rd.
    Baltimore, MD 21228
    (410) 747-1900

Coffey Music
    31 East Main Street
    Westminster, MD 21157
    (410) 848-5003

Guitar Center #831
    1524 East Joppa Road
    Towson, MD 21286
    (410) 821-5200

Hot Licks Guitar Shop
    3250 Old Washington Rd.
    Waldorf, MD 20602
    (301) 843-2799

Island Music Company
    403 Charles Street
    Laplata, MD 20646
    (301) 392-3960

Washington Music Center
    11151 Viers Mill Rd.
    Wheaton, MD 20902
    (301) 946-8808

3. slev

slev New Member

I read somewhere that July was the release date. Can't remember where that was and it doesn't mean they won't pop up somewhere sooner.

4. ReigningGlory

ReigningGlory New Member

Awesome! Thanks guys!

5. tmac65

tmac65 New Member

I also heard June/July from the local rep.

6. CantankerousCarl

CantankerousCarl Occasionally Onery Member

I was hoping that these were coming out a little sooner...I am intrigued by the coil tap and new shape...

Anyone else less than impressed with the two color choices? The tobacco burst looks more appropriate on a more "vintage" looking instrument I think...will have to see the blue in person, but I gravitate toward the red/yellow/natural end.

Also, have they confirmed that these are the same pups as in the older models? I have a 2010 SE CU24 (yellow quilt) that I was thinking of swapping the pups for something more "vintage" (there's that word again( & installing a push-pull coil tap on tone. Might be easier to just wait for the new ones...

7. slev

slev New Member

I'd like to see some opaque color options, antique white, maybe even a gold top. I think the pickups are new SE pickups but I'm not sure about that.

8. andy474x

andy474x Knows the Drill

I don't mind the vintage burst so much, and I think the blue is awesome with the birds, but I can see where you guys are coming from too. At least they got rid of the orange, I hated that color...
    I could go for the purple burst like on the Allender, or a black flame top, and if they put the Eriza Verde on I would camp out at the store until one came in! I don't see that one happening, but I see a lot of special color runs of different SE's on ebay lately. Anyone know why so many of them tend to be overseas (UK, etc) and not available here?

9. ReigningGlory

ReigningGlory New Member

I hear ya on that purple burst. There's an SE245 in a quilted purple burst in the UK that makes me drool.