New Yamaha THR amps!

Sounds very good indeed.
I have a THR-10 and I have actually put an
E-609 in front of it and used it on small jobs.

The bigger one of the new ones has a pair of 1/4" jacks for line out.
They all have Bluetooth for connecting your phones for both streaming music and also for editing all the internal settings through an app.
You can also set them up with a Bluetooth foot switch for channel changing!
From the initial videos the sound quality of the amp models looks improved too. Really excited about these. My THR easily gets the most use out of any of my amps due to its convenience and the fact it lives in the lounge.

Wow..... this looks Bangin’!

I’ve dreamed of an amp with all these features for awhile, it’s just so perfect for like, 75% of my play time.

Bodia has been bringing by his first generation THR, and I totally dig the sounds and volume way more than my Blackstar Fly amp, but it was missing Bluetooth, which is so convenient for beaming stuff from your phone to play along with.

And I’ve been looking for a cheap and small wireless to use around the house too... I’m always playing while lounging and cooking... and the toddler in my home makes cables and power cables a logistical nightmare! It’s not even worth the time to set sh!t up, because as soon as I do... he’s up my @ss.

Seriously, Wow! Well done Yamaha! I was considering a Fender Mustang GT but now...This just seems 100% thought out as a guitar “entertainment system”. And I love that the wireless plugs into the unit for charging.

So much WANT!

The wireless line 6 plug in is extra by the way.
My main wishes over the original model were

• Rechargeable battery - I have rechargeable AA in mine, but it's a pain to have to take then out to charge them, or find they're flat just as you want to use it outside our something. I imagine this charges up whilst plugged in.
  • Bluetooth. Though I don't mind having a cable to plug my phone in, headphone jacks are getting rare, plus less cables
  • Phone app to wireless change settings. There is a third party app you can use for the old thr, but you need the usb cable to connect
  • Better quality models. Because why not. The originals are 7 years old now and modelling is better
This looks like it ticks a lot of those boxes

The wireless line 6 plug in is extra by the way.

Yeah, I looked into it a little more and found that out. Also looks to be around $500. So if I have to buy a transmitter and this, then it’s around $600 let’s say..... my initial hard on is starting to wither.

I could buy a used Mesa .50 cal and an old Sampson wireless for that much and mount it in a wall of my home.

Back