New (to me) Cu24 + new pups

walkerjerry

Hey all. I've been playing almost 20 years and though I've always been a fan, this is the first PRS I've actually owned. 2002 Custom 24 Stoptail. Traded my last amp (I'm a Kemper guy these days) for it recently. It needed a little TLC, but after I set it up properly, it's just fantastic. The HFS/VB set was a bit too hot for me, so I swapped in a set of Dimarzio 36th's (my favorite PAF set for overall versatility), and man does it sound great. Looks better too, I think.

2akej2q.jpg

New pickups:
263hfs2.jpg

Hi, I have your brother here in the UK, 2002 Custom 24 Artists Pack

What a beautiful pair

Ooh, CU24 stop tail, a rarity. Nice one!

Yeah, to be honest, I generally prefer a trem, but this is my only Humbucker guitar currently (besides Ftrons), and I find it's nice to have the versatility of this guitar on hand, as I do play a wide variety of genres. I like being able to flip through various tunings more easily. When I traded for this, I figured I'd probably sell it, but man, it's grown on me very quickly. No intentions of selling now.

Just out out of curiosity, how uncommon are cu24 stop tails? I know that they made them as an option right up until about the time this one was made.

Man, I just love HFS/VB. If anyone wants to sell a set let me know! Great guitar, I love a "played" PRS.

I just sold the set I pulled out of here 2 days ago. Actually they sold in under 30 minutes of me posting them. Obviously some people love them!

Back