New S2 24-08 is cool, but TCI specs shifted?

1esotericguy

Psyched to see more of that 24-08 switching system with the release of an S2 Custom 24-08.

• One strange thing in the specs though: no mention of TCI.
  • Second strange thing, separate but related: The preexisting SE version of the Custom 24-08 (the popular green guitar from this past year), had the pickup specs change on the website. Used to call out the pickups on this model as 'TCI S pickups,' but now the SE version mirrors the S2 callout of '85/15S pickups.'
  • Third strange thing: the new SE STANDARD 24-08 does indeed say TCI pickups.

Anybody have any insights? It's a strange thing to have occurred as a typo or copy error, since the SE Custom 24-08 page was pre-existing. Someone had to actively want to change that spec. They also changed the call-outs for the CARVES. The SE's used to say beveled maple top, but now they re-branded as 'shallow violin carve.'

Yeah - I'm a big fan of the TCI thing and it's why I bought my SE 24-08 (green stripey guitar). I'm just trying to figure out if the ad copy is accurate or not. It's just confusing. For something they were seemingly excited about as a big improvement, they're making it a bit of a treasure hunt to figure out for sure which models it currently resides in. I wish there was a portfolio matrix of all of PRS from SE to Core with the neck carves and the pickups and the scale lengths, and the pickup combos all matrix-ized in one bird's eye (no pun) view. It would go a long way towards ease of comprehension for customers I would think.

Back