New PS Violin Guitar - any more details?

Twinfan

408 Sig Club President
I see PRS are releasing two new versions (SC and DC) of the Violin Guitar, with what looks like a highly flamed maple neck in place of the pernambuco of the original. Can anyone share any more info??? 57/08s? Nitro?

http://www.peachguitars.com/musikmesse-blog/

35f116img_5595-jpg.jpg

a036bimg_5591-jpg.jpg

6fc62img_5590-jpg.jpg

BihSqTeIIAAhn-J.jpg:large

2da71b1aimg_5594-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
No word on pricing, all I've found is the info above. No knots as it's not a Collection guitar, which now have knots exclusively.

It looks like it's a fixed number run built by PS, similar to original PS Signature run. I'm guessing pricing will be somewhere in that ballpark?

Hi Guys,

We have both these guitars on order and the price will be around £6k and will be built in limited numbers.
The pups are 57/08's and it certainly looked like nitro when i was trying them.

The sc doesnt have a flame neck, just mahogany.

Ive played both these at musikmesse and the are outstanding guitars. If you have any more questions about these guitars please feel free to ask and I'll help as much as i can.

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;135033 said:
Will they be called "Violin guitars", like the original? Or will they have some unique designation like Violin 2 (V2)?

"V2" would be da bomb! :vroam:

Im pretty sure that the SC is the Paul's R* Killer that Paul Showed me at NAMM...
Thats a short run of 245 scale, thicker than normal PRS that have NEW PAF 5708 Voiced pickups.. I was told 10-12 pcs Private Stock..
Every artist that played said they spanked the R* in every way, and had that Big Ballsy LP sound you would expect, putting the Thump in your heart with every power chord..

Those should be ready in a few weeks... Here are some pics I took while at NAMM, and btw I have 2 incoming...

Back