http://www.prsaccessories.com/collections/parts

Ebony Tuner Buttons for Phase III tuners
ebony.jpg

Faux Bone Tuner Buttons for Phase III tuners
foxbone.jpg

408 Pickup Rings, in black or ivory
408bl.jpg
408iv.jpg

I may have to get some black rings for my 408, will have to look at a pic of mine and play around with it to see how it looks, and also with new tuner buttons.

Still no speed knobs. :(

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! 408 pickuo rings in black already, and no black NF rings after 3 years!!!! who do i have to kill, clean their house, wash their car, babysit their kids, sleep with, or let their mother-in-law live with me to get a black set of narrowfield pickup rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

408 Pickup rings in Black look tempting...

But the phase III Ebony tuner buttons are an absolute must for me! However, the online store seems to be for US only.:(

Seem like I have to get my friends in US to help get me a set of those!

Wahoo...Faux Bone PIII buttons ordered and on the way. Should look great on my P-22!

Cool new products.

Unfortunately speed knobs won't be coming back. We no longer use them in production and no longer stock them as an available part
Bummer. I like the latest clear/black speed knobs on double cut PRSi a lot. I managed to trade a set of lampshades to someone for them. Oh well, at least I got em on one guitar.

ummm...faux bone? Did they stop producing real bone? lol. If you asked my friends, after seeing who wears the pants in my house and my seeming lack of a spine they might think so but I know bone is still out there and it isn't even endangered. I even think that it's cheaper than faux...I mean real ebony.
I mean hey, since we're spraypainting our NF rings anyway there really only needs be one type of buttons, paintable faux plastic lol.

But all kidding aside...why not real bone if real ebony? Too hard on tooling? They make nuts and saddle and bridgepins out of it all the time though.
IDK...maybe bone is too dense so can suck tone? It's so inconsistent though ...some is very light. Is that an issue? It's too inconsistent?
Just seems odd on a high end brand like PRS. Why not just use real bone? It isn't ivory. And if it's gonna be FAUX bone, why not call it faux Ivory? Just cause ivory has a bad wrap? All ivory isn't endangered elephant tusk.
Why not just call them plastic? Or ivroid? Or crème-colored or off-white..or just the truth, plain old plastic? If it walks like a duck.

Sorry...no one peed in my cereal this morning....I've been doing a lot of festival gigging lately and I've been noticing that the fancier the "title" a person gives himself, usually, the more useless he is at it.
Light guys usually create mood. Lighting "techs" seem to think no one light is allowed to stay on for more than 4 seconds and they'll always put the majority of the lights in the front facing back where the audience cant see them.
Soundmen make you sound great. Mixing engineers or FOH techs will usually make you too LOUD.
A singer will give you gooseebumps. A vocalist needs electronic pitch correction and gobs of compression to compensate for being able to sing and practice mic control.
A mechanic will fix my car for a case of beer. An automotive technition rips me off for hundreds everytime and I end up having to fix it myself.

And yes...an idiot with a computer and an internet connection can get on your nerves worse than a sliver in the ball of your foot when your Riverdance concert starts in 3 minutes but...really? Faux BONE??
lol and YMMV and FWIW and my $.02 and do not get me wrong, I realize this is the official PRS forum.
I am a die-hard and passionate (to a fault..otherwise I wouldn't care about this plastic faux-ness) PRS fanatic, player, owner and supporter. True and blue (bcb, sapphiresmokeburst, whale.....). I play PRS electrics and ONLY PRS electrics. Played em onstage last night and will be again tonight. Best guitars ever...for me...bar NONE! I make a living with them. But let's call a spade a piece of plastic...or PRS, it's only a beef shinbone. How much more would real bone cost? That much more than ebony? IDK. Something just seems wrong with plastic "faux bone upgraded" tuner buttons on the greatest guitars that ever lived.

Hey blaren. It's nice to see you here. As much as you bash this community (repeatedly) on other forums I figured you wouldn't be back.
ummm...faux bone? Did they stop producing real bone? lol. If you asked my friends, after seeing who wears the pants in my house and my seeming lack of a spine they might think so but I know bone is still out there and it isn't even endangered. I even think that it's cheaper than faux...I mean real ebony.
I mean hey, since we're spraypainting our NF rings anyway there really only needs be one type of buttons, paintable faux plastic lol.

But all kidding aside...why not real bone if real ebony? Too hard on tooling? They make nuts and saddle and bridgepins out of it all the time though.
IDK...maybe bone is too dense so can suck tone? It's so inconsistent though ...some is very light. Is that an issue? It's too inconsistent?
Just seems odd on a high end brand like PRS. Why not just use real bone? It isn't ivory. And if it's gonna be FAUX bone, why not call it faux Ivory? Just cause ivory has a bad wrap? All ivory isn't endangered elephant tusk.
Why not just call them plastic? Or ivroid? Or crème-colored or off-white..or just the truth, plain old plastic? If it walks like a duck.

Sorry...no one peed in my cereal this morning....I've been doing a lot of festival gigging lately and I've been noticing that the fancier the "title" a person gives himself, usually, the more useless he is at it.
Light guys usually create mood. Lighting "techs" seem to think no one light is allowed to stay on for more than 4 seconds and they'll always put the majority of the lights in the front facing back where the audience cant see them.
Soundmen make you sound great. Mixing engineers or FOH techs will usually make you too LOUD.
A singer will give you gooseebumps. A vocalist needs electronic pitch correction and gobs of compression to compensate for being able to sing and practice mic control.
A mechanic will fix my car for a case of beer. An automotive technition rips me off for hundreds everytime and I end up having to fix it myself.

And yes...an idiot with a computer and an internet connection can get on your nerves worse than a sliver in the ball of your foot when your Riverdance concert starts in 3 minutes but...really? Faux BONE??
lol and YMMV and FWIW and my $.02 and do not get me wrong, I realize this is the official PRS forum.
I am a die-hard and passionate (to a fault..otherwise I wouldn't care about this plastic faux-ness) PRS fanatic, player, owner and supporter. True and blue (bcb, sapphiresmokeburst, whale.....). I play PRS electrics and ONLY PRS electrics. Played em onstage last night and will be again tonight. Best guitars ever...for me...bar NONE! I make a living with them. But let's call a spade a piece of plastic...or PRS, it's only a beef shinbone. How much more would real bone cost? That much more than ebony? IDK. Something just seems wrong with plastic "faux bone upgraded" tuner buttons on the greatest guitars that ever lived.

Back