New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Hello, I just bought my first PRS, it's used but it sounds and plays great! The serial number on the back makes me believe it's a 1997 CE22 (7 CE17035) but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyone with any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you from a new PRS fan!

Hello New PRS owner here. I don't know where to start. So here goes
First I just have to say this to the QC person with the initials TW and to PRS as a whole I wish I had done it sooner.
I just got my PRS SE 245 standard yesterday and Carmela (named by my wife) is beautiful. I'm relearning the guitar after many years of not playing and this guitar makes me want to play.
Second If anyone knows which direction to move the saddles on the adjustable wrap around bridge to make the intonation go flat either towards the nut or away? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks again for Carmela.
I wish I could add a picture

Last edited:
Hello New PRS owner here. I don't know where to start. So here goes
First I just have to say this to the QC person with the initials TW and to PRS as a whole I wish I had done it sooner.
I just got my PRS SE 245 standard yesterday and Carmela (named by my wife) is beautiful. I'm relearning the guitar after many years of not playing and this guitar makes me want to play.
Second If anyone knows which direction to move the saddles on the adjustable wrap around bridge to make the intonation go flat either towards the nut or away? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks again for Carmela.
I wish I could add a picture
Welcome to the forum.
You’ll be able to add pictures after a couple more posts.
Why do you want the intonation flat? Do you mean you want the fretted note flat relative to the harmonic? Bridge further away will make the fretted note lower in pitch.

Welcome to the forum.
You’ll be able to add pictures after a couple more posts.
Why do you want the intonation flat? Do you mean you want the fretted note flat relative to the harmonic? Bridge further away will make the fretted note lower in pitch.
I don't quite have the vernacular down yet. My G, B, and high E are showing in tune at open and 12th fret harmonic but when fretted at the 12th fret they are sharp. Can this be done while under tension?Thank you.

I don't quite have the vernacular down yet. My G, B, and high E are showing in tune at open and 12th fret harmonic but when fretted at the 12th fret they are sharp. Can this be done while under tension?Thank you.

That could be down to the action and/or the way you are fretting the notes. If you are pressing down to hard or because the action is quite high, you could be forcing the string to go sharp...

That could be down to the action and/or the way you are fretting the notes. If you are pressing down to hard or because the action is quite high, you could be forcing the string to go sharp...
I don't believe I'm pressing too hard, and they are only off by a little. I'll give it a while before I make any adjustments in either case give myself time to get used to how Carmela plays.
Thanks

Any reputable store should throw in New strings and a setup included in the price free with purchase of any guitar

I don't believe I'm pressing too hard, and they are only off by a little. I'll give it a while before I make any adjustments in either case give myself time to get used to how Carmela plays.
Thanks

I wasn't accusing you of pressing to hard but that can often be a reason why fretted strings can be out of tune. High action too as you are 'stretching' the string a bit. It may also be that the harmonics are not 'exact' and a small adjustment at the bridge could correct the fretted note and just need a very slight adjustment to hit the harmonic. The Harmonic should always be at the 'half' way point which may not be exactly over the fret and if you do adjust the bridge to bring the fretted note back from being Sharp, the harmonic would still be correct (not sharp/flat) but a fractionally different position over the fret. Adjusting the bridge is likely to be +/- 1mm so the Harmonic is likely to be +/- 0.5mm different as its the 'half way' point of the string.

Thanks for the info. It's greatly appreciated.
I'm 50 and it has only been one day with Carmela and I'm like a child with a new toy.
Alice, my 2000 Fender Fat Strat Texas Special has a different feel and attitude and I just got back into playing guitar in earnest about 4 moth ago. There's a whole lot of rust and cobwebs to clear out and get rid of and I'm feeling genuinely giddy about the prospect of being able to play again.

Any reputable store should throw in New strings and a setup included in the price free with purchase of any guitar
The Sam Ash by me was fantastic the people there really took good care of me. They let me try a lot of guitars, ask lots of questions and the tech even let me watch while he did the setup on my Fender a while back. Like I said lots of rust on me.

The Sam Ash by me was fantastic the people there really took good care of me. They let me try a lot of guitars, ask lots of questions and the tech even let me watch while he did the setup on my Fender a while back. Like I said lots of rust on me.

Well, welcome, and have fun getting back into it! Nothing like rekindling an old love!

New guy here, making the transition from a Custom Shop Stratocaster

Bern doing a lot of reading, i thank you all

Welcome aboard, I think you're in a similar transition that many of us have made!

What're you leaning towards??

Another new guy.

I've been trying to chase my love of guitar music for the better part of a decade. No more excuses. I can't wait to start lessons. Now that I have basically the import version of my dream guitar, and a fantastic amp to play through in my apartment. I have zero barriers at this point.

I'm so stoked right now.

Another new guy.

I've been trying to chase my love of guitar music for the better part of a decade. No more excuses. I can't wait to start lessons. Now that I have basically the import version of my dream guitar, and a fantastic amp to play through in my apartment. I have zero barriers at this point.

I'm so stoked right now.

Welcome to the forum! Go for it, you’ll get lots of encouragement from a lot of great people here!

Took my first lesson tonight. I actually did research on my teacher. Turns out one of the guitar teachers at the little neighborhood music and arts school by my house used to be in a band I really dug growing up. We totally got along, rates are cheap too. This is totally working out!

Back