New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Thanks for the add to the board. Been playing for many years and I'm still not very good but really enjoy putting on a backing track and jamming. Been buying up gear at a fair clip lately. Looking to add a MT15 amp and cab in the next few weeks I think. I have 2 more guitars on my soon to get list and 1 on my hope to get list. Thinking a Les Paul Custom shop in white similar to a Rhodes style. Then maybe a Tremonti signature. Then I hope I can go all in on a Private Stock build. Of the guitars I have my Paul's Guitar is far and away my favorite.

Thanks for the add... been lurking here for quite some time, and figured i'd go ahead and make an account. seems like a great bunch of folks on this board.

I’ve found this forum very supportive and useful (helped push me to buy my Custom 24!)

New member, here! I've owned a 25th Anniversary Mira 245 Soapbar for a few years now which, unfortunately, I have to sell... but it's to fund the beautiful Trampas green 10-top 408 that I just snagged! Super excited about this one—what an absolutely stunning guitar, in all ways.

I'm also on TGP (occasionally), Barber Electronics forum (on seldom occasion), and the Dr. Z Z-Talk forum (much more frequently)—albeit under different usernames—and now happy to be here, too.

New member, here! I've owned a 25th Anniversary Mira 245 Soapbar for a few years now which, unfortunately, I have to sell... but it's to fund the beautiful Trampas green 10-top 408 that I just snagged! Super excited about this one—what an absolutely stunning guitar, in all ways.

I'm also on TGP (occasionally), Barber Electronics forum (on seldom occasion), and the Dr. Z Z-Talk forum (much more frequently)—albeit under different usernames—and now happy to be here, too.

Also to you Going Modal! Welcome

Definitely lurked these pages for a while, finally decided to join! Glad to be here and continue learning about my favorite brand of electric guitar!

Lurker and PRS fan, just got my first PRS SE (waiting until the kids are through college to go big) Standard 24 in Translucent Blue. Guitarist/keyboardist/organist/multi-instrumentalist (everything but a full drum kit. Anything beyond one leg and 2 hands is beyond what God intended me to do), started classical piano training at 5 and now at 40 I'm starting to pick it up, dust it off, and run with it. Mainly here about mods/tips/tricks; I run a tight ship as far as electronics (went to school for electrical and computer engineering, switched later to comp sci) so everything I do is purely quality related and I like to experiment with pickups and swap pots for quality and resistance (I am the kind of guy who can't stand people who think a full stack and a huge pedal board are a substitute for tuning and intonation). Been known to build a guitar a few times. But I try not to re-invent the wheel, especially on my nicer guitars, so I like to see what others have found.

This seems like the place to say hey.

Kevin

Greetings,

I'm a new board member and proud new owner of 2018 spalted maple SE custom 24.

I'm a middle aged guy who now lives in Maryland. I just started playing again (a year ago) after 25 years off. I got back into it as my church was in desperate need of someone to play acoustic guitar. I decided why not and then went out and bought a Seagull S6. Concurrently, I also dug up the early 90's Lotus Strat that was given to me by my parents in the heart of the grunge era. I starting learning how to setup guitars, modding pickups, pots, fret polishing, etc on my old lotus. I quickly realized that it was never going to be anything more than a toy....I wanted a real electric guitar. PRS stole my heart with the build quality and wide neck carves (similar to my Seagull S6). After months of shopping and waiting for deals I finally picked my SE custom 24 last week when a local store was trying to move old inventory and they knocked 175 off of the price! Throw in a Boss Katana 50 on top off it and now I'm attempting Zeppelin riffs and blues licks in my basement!

I'm happy to join this forum as it appears that the level of civility is a step up from other gear related pages.....

Cheers

Coldradio
Welcome coldradio!

Back