New McCarty LT pickups?

They are in a McCarty not 594 and the website description says 5815LT.. fitting for the earlier discussion lol

The pickup pic isn't great but you can sorta make out McCarty or atleast not 5815LT. The other one is listed too, and it clearly shows 5815LT.

Website was updated with the new tuners and indeed the McCarty sports newly branded "McCarty LT" pickups.

No idea what's different about them and I certainly can't tell from the video demo, tho of course they sound good.

I wonder if PRS caught wind of people loving old McCarty pickups and decided to take a step back from the vintage-inspired numbered ones, reserving those for the 594 and giving "OG McCartys" something more middle ground.

Website was updated with the new tuners and indeed the McCarty sports newly branded "McCarty LT" pickups.

No idea what's different about them and I certainly can't tell from the video demo, tho of course they sound good.

I wonder if PRS caught wind of people loving old McCarty pickups and decided to take a step back from the vintage-inspired numbered ones, reserving those for the 594 and giving "OG McCartys" something more middle ground.

They do sound good in the Brian Ewald demo of the 2024 McCarty! He mentioned in the video that pickups were "McCarty LT" pickups.

Dang it, I just bought a brand new 2023 McCarty, with the "old" pickups, and those old tuner knobs that make the guitar not sound as good! ;)

2GF68gZ.jpg

Just kidding - my new 2023 McCarty is amazing and I love it!

I am curious though about the difference between the 58/15 LT and the McCarty LT pickups.

I wonder if PRS caught wind of people loving old 5708 pickups

Fixed it for you.. 5708 > McCarty :)

and decided to take a step back from the vintage-inspired numbered ones, reserving those for the 594 and giving "OG McCartys" something more middle ground.

I've always considered the McCarty pups the grandpa to the 5x/xx series. PRS OG vintage vibe?

Fixed it for you.. 5708 > McCarty :)

I've always considered the McCarty pups the grandpa to the 5x/xx series. PRS OG vintage vibe?
Agreed. 57/08's >>>>>>>OG McCarty pickups and it ain't even close IMO.

The OG McCarty pickups in my first McCarty lasted a couple weeks. 57/08's are some of the best modern takes on a PAF by ANY manufacturer IMO.

If these new pickups are a throwback to the OG McCarty pickups, they are going backwards. The 57/08's, 58/15's and 58/15LT's are all better pickups.

I guess it doesn't effect me though. I pretty well have my perfect McCarty in my 2015 Artist package with ebony board, Copperhead, phase 3 locking tuners and 58/15's.

They do sound good in the Brian Ewald demo of the 2024 McCarty! He mentioned in the video that pickups were "McCarty LT" pickups.

Dang it, I just bought a brand new 2023 McCarty, with the "old" pickups, and those old tuner knobs that make the guitar not sound as good! ;)

2GF68gZ.jpg

Just kidding - my new 2023 McCarty is amazing and I love it!

I am curious though about the difference between the 58/15 LT and the McCarty LT pickups.
That’s a beautiful Guitar! Congrats Pete!

And they have such GREAT Tone!

Had a chat with PRS Europe regarding the 2024 McCarty. It is a brand new pickup. They could not confirm that PRS will put them up for sale as an upgrade for us with 58/15LT. The sound should be warmer than the 58/15LT's

I’d like to know the difference. The 58/18 LT are some of the best pickups on Earth. Low gain magic.

On the other hand, SD just released the Colossal Incantation pickups at NAMM, boasting an onboard DCR of 42K! Satan is pleased.

I just played a McCarty with 58/18 LTs. Very curious how the new pickups compare - has anyone had a chance to try them?

I am not by any means a contrarian, but I don’t care for the PRS trend towards low output pickups and fat necks that seem to be more and more the norm. I am relegated to grabbing older used guitars with 22 frets and pattern thin or DGT carve, and upgrading the pickups.

Yeah I know about Tremonti’s and Holcomb, etc but they don’t do it for me either ergonomically, having 24 frets, or too flat a radius. That and the cost of new nowadays drives me to the used market.
The cost of new guitars, likewise, drives me to the used market. ;)

Back