New McCarty pickups?

I may be crazy here, but who isn't... If you loved the sound of the guitar and the way it played, who cares what the pickups are or if they had a typo in the advertisement?

I think he has 5950 reasons why he wants to find another one.
And also it’s the price. It’s almost double. That in combo with the story I was told just didn’t sit well.

Not sure why it's not listed as a Wood Library--it's obviously one, and priced like it.

If you like the guitar, make them an offer. It's a 2021, so they've had it for a long while. They might be ready to move it.

I think he has 5950 reasons why he wants to find another one.
You nailed that reason by the way.

I did play the semi 594 tonight and goodness gracious. These guitars are simply amazing. I have a large hand and fatter fingers. When I play my strats there is usually no room for error. This was like butter. I don’t think it matters with semi vs the solid at this point but man, these things are perfection. I can’t believe I’ve gone 25 years of playing with never dipping into this. My brother has multiple Les Paul’s, gold tops and other nice ones, these blow it out of the water. The knobs are so slick, the feel is amazing. I’ve had teles that have felt amazing in the past but once again with big hands, this chunky neck (which I never thought I was into) blows all of them out in the feel department. Thanks for all of your inputs! I’ll send a pic when I settle on one.

You nailed that reason by the way.

I did play the semi 594 tonight and goodness gracious. These guitars are simply amazing. I have a large hand and fatter fingers. When I play my strats there is usually no room for error. This was like butter. I don’t think it matters with semi vs the solid at this point but man, these things are perfection. I can’t believe I’ve gone 25 years of playing with never dipping into this. My brother has multiple Les Paul’s, gold tops and other nice ones, these blow it out of the water. The knobs are so slick, the feel is amazing. I’ve had teles that have felt amazing in the past but once again with big hands, this chunky neck (which I never thought I was into) blows all of them out in the feel department. Thanks for all of your inputs! I’ll send a pic when I settle on one.
The PRS low/no friction pots are one of my favorite things about PRS guitars. Most of my PRS guitars have the wide fat/pattern or pattern vintage neck carves on them. I do have a DGT and a couple of P22s that have the regular/pattern regular carve. I find all of them to be very comfortable. I have been playing my PRS guitars much more than my Suhr guitars lately. I grabbed my most played Suhr the other day and the neck felt a little small and I found myself wishing it was a bit thicker. Once you get used to these thicker necks, they just feel better.

The PRS low/no friction pots are one of my favorite things about PRS guitars. Most of my PRS guitars have the wide fat/pattern or pattern vintage neck carves on them. I do have a DGT and a couple of P22s that have the regular/pattern regular carve. I find all of them to be very comfortable. I have been playing my PRS guitars much more than my Suhr guitars lately. I grabbed my most played Suhr the other day and the neck felt a little small and I found myself wishing it was a bit thicker. Once you get used to these thicker necks, they just feel better.
I hear you brother. For some reason I always felt that it wouldn’t be good after playing some fatter ones that I didn’t get along with. These necks are insanely comfy though. And those slick pots… very nice!!! Send some pics!

Back