New Look for My Archon

nosidamde

Taco Flavored Kisses
Sent my Archon in to PRS for new tubes and repairs. I decided to have them replace the Charcoal Burst face plate with a new one. Ended up going with Fire Red. I like it.

WWM3Q5j.jpg

Thanks guys, I just got done testing it out with my new pedalboard set up, since I changed that over while it was away. Everything works and I'm done with amps and pedalboards (ninja addition of MojoMojo)... for now. ;) Right Les?

zHQepan.jpg

sk7oCYs.jpg

Thanks guys, I just got done testing it out with my new pedalboard set up, since I changed that over while it was away. Everything works and I'm done with amps and pedalboards (ninja addition of MojoMojo)... for now. ;) Right Les?

zHQepan.jpg

sk7oCYs.jpg

Your rig is AWESOME!

zHQepan.jpg

sk7oCYs.jpg

Stellar!

Hawt! I almost asked PRSh yesterday at the Chuck Levin's shindig if it was true that red guitars sounded better, when he was going on and on about how each guitar should have a recordable tone with any switch setting and (almost) any knob setting (obviously not with the volume or tone all the way down).

Hawt! I almost asked PRSh yesterday at the Chuck Levin's shindig if it was true that red guitars sounded better, when he was going on and on about how each guitar should have a recordable tone with any switch setting and (almost) any knob setting (obviously not with the volume or tone all the way down).

I almost went but weeknights are tough for me to go anywhere.

I decided to have them replace the Charcoal Burst face plate with a new one. Ended up going with Fire Red. I like it.

WWM3Q5j.jpg

Wow! I never thought of doing that. I can't imagine what that would have cost but that's really neat!

Truth be told, I was looking for a reason to ask about the availability of changing it. I had a good sized dent in the old faceplate. One thing led to another when I was sending it in for repairs and retubing, and here it is.

The cost wasn't terrible actually. I didn't request a 10 Top or Artist Grade cut, just wanted a new look in my favorite color(s).

HOW DID YOU GET THEM TO DO THAT??? I asked about getting a blue faceplate, and they told me that they would not make a custom color plate, that only the two colors that already ship (Charcoal and black gold) would be available.

I almost went but weeknights are tough for me to go anywhere.
Yeah, understood, I go out after work less and less often, myself, but it was only 3 Metro stops over from where I work, and everyone started going home at 6-6:30, so it worked out fine for me. They brought the nicest guitars, and they brought one HXDA and one Sewell, and I forget the other amps they brought. But they didn't bring the flamingo burst or any guitar that I could buy on a whim, so I went home empty-handed, alas. Oh well, just an excuse to go up there, I guess.

HOW DID YOU GET THEM TO DO THAT??? I asked about getting a blue faceplate, and they told me that they would not make a custom color plate, that only the two colors that already ship (Charcoal and black gold) would be available.

It was a similar situation, they made it sound like I couldn't pick any color I wanted. I went with Red Fire, which was available maybe because it was recently done for a limited run over at Brian's Guitars with that snake skin edition.

Back