New guy looking to go on a buying spree

Congrats on your S2 Satin Standard...Great guitars, especially the fact that all mahogany really sounds really full, to my ear, anyway......(Not to be the bearer of bad news, but...) I think you might one day regret passing on the $899 Vela (NEW??!) in years to come...And here's why: A lot of people here (especially me) initially entered the PRS fandom/addiction thing listening to their (PRS's) humbucker sounds (mostly), with the option of some single coil goodness. So we go through life listening/saving/buying/etc...And then, right when we get really close to that sound we want to hear, Paul comes out with something totally, tonally different (more aimed at SC, rather than HB) . Enter the Vela. And with this coming out at a really reasonable price point, AND some totally different sounds, we (well, a lot of us...) jump on a Vela. Just for a different addition to the stall. I am a big fan of the older Wide-Fat necks, but the Vela neck feels fine to me. They're just an awesome guitar for the money...Much like your new Standard!!! Enjoy your new axe, but...you've been warned!!!! ;):D

Hope that didn't ramble too much...still on my first cup o' joe.
Feel free to ramble like that all day. :cool:

That 899$ Ve!a would be an SE, right? And you are comparing it to a S2 carve? Maybe that is the difference? If the Vela was a S2, you should tell us all how to contact the store! :D
S2 it is! $899 price tag last Saturday, Spartanburg, SC.

Back