New Bridge or New Saddles???

ESPImperium

Im looking for one last upgrade to my PRS SE Mushok Baritone, and im looking at either a new Hipshot bridge or a set of Graphtech saddles, what upgrade would be best for me to put on it?

I will also be using this as a reference as im looking at getting the Custom 24-7 SE next year as i am not feeling my Schecter 7 string as its so heavy and i want passives and not EMGs in it. I also looking at a Tremonti Custom SE as well and doing a Marsden SE LTD to it with a Tremonti Treble and McCarty bass being installed with all new electronics and a better set of tuners.

Im looking for a tad more sustain, but something that would be better for palm muting.

I love the SE line, but i also love modding them!

I don't feel either choice would really be an upgrade, just a preference.

I use Graphtech saddles on both of my PRS but only because of string breakage issues, they dull the tone a bit, and I have never noticed an increase of sustain using them. If you like the sound of older (not new) strings, they could be of some use to you.

Good luck!

Hm...I don't really see either being an upgrade either. My major upgrade that I do personally is to change the frets out for Stainless Steel 6100's, but that's just me. That doesn't really help sustain, it just goes hand-in-hand with my playing style for ease of vibrato and so on.

Sustain on a fixed bridge...I dunno dude. Usually the upgrades I do for that are on trem bridges. You could have it chopped for a 2TEK maybe. That might change it in a way that you'd be up for.

Back