New Amp Day

Well, I used the Dallas and my 22/408 at church for the first time this morning. I have a weekly worship gig at a church in the DFW area. Both worked great! My worship director is one of my best friends and we're always talking gear. I didn't tell him about the amp. He knew I had the new guitar, and I kind of wanted to surprise him with the amp for a couple reasons: 1. He's not a big PRS fan and I was totally expecting him to give me crap about having to get a matching amp, and 2. I wanted to see his reaction. Well, I didn't expect this reaction. I showed up, set up my gear, didn't say anything about it, just got ready to run through this Sunday's music like I always do. After a few minutes he looks over and does a double take. "Did I know about that amp?" he asked. "Nope." After we warmed up he walked over, asked a few questions, thought for a minute and said "If you ever decide to sell it let me know first." Then before service he walked over, sat down behind it and asked a few more questions and listened to it. Then he repeated himself, "Seriously, if you decide to sell it let me know first." That's never happened before, and I've had some pretty nice amps. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon, though. My wife even remarked how good it sounded while I was practicing last night.

Back