New 2017 SE line-up!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by shinksma, Oct 18, 2016.

1. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

You'll be fine with 11s and the bridge. The nut will be your area of concern. You may have to widen the slots.

JBot likes this.
  2. JBot

JBot New Member

Thanks for your feedback.
    Well I appologize for expressing myself poorly. My concern was regarding the intonation using 11's, and not having the chance for minor adjustments on that bridge. But you're right, maybe it'll be too thick for the slots on the nut. I guess I'll try 10's and 11's to see my options.

3. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

I’ve had 9s, 10s, and 11s on mine with zero issues. If you do big drop tunings on even heavier strings, you can get adjustable bridges for reasonable prices. You’ll be good, so enjoy the hell out of that guitar...I do!

JBot likes this.
  4. Telemesa

Telemesa New Member

5. enakki

enakki New Member

have to agree! I sold mine beauty 2011 cu24 10top and after a year I realized I'm still missing it. And I decided to try se. Now I have SE CU24 trampas green. I have to say it plays great, if not better than core version. I do not regret the swap at all!