Never Presume

Yeah, generally alcohol combined with an already-inflated ego is just a bad combination. I hope everybody is ok and nobody got too hurt.

I had an experience a number of years ago while working construction.

They had this younger kid that worked on the crew and was absolutely obnoxious.

He would Jack with everybody and laugh about it, really ticked the guys off.

I decided immediately that I'd put a stop to it if he started that with me.

Once he got comfortable around me the BS started. One day as I was walking by him, he gave me a little shove that nearly knocked me over as I wasn't expecting that. He said ha ha ha dont fall over!

I turned around and open hand slapped him in the back of the head as hard as I could. His has flew off and his face about hit the floor!

It was actually quite funny but he was hot and threatened to beat me up.

Oddly enough, after that day we became kind of friends. Never had an issue after that. Got along just fine.

Sadly, he died in a tragic car accident about 6 years ago.

I had an experience a number of years ago while working construction.

They had this younger kid that worked on the crew and was absolutely obnoxious.

He would Jack with everybody and laugh about it, really ticked the guys off.

I decided immediately that I'd put a stop to it if he started that with me.

Once he got comfortable around me the BS started. One day as I was walking by him, he gave me a little shove that nearly knocked me over as I wasn't expecting that. He said ha ha ha dont fall over!

I turned around and open hand slapped him in the back of the head as hard as I could. His has flew off and his face about hit the floor!

It was actually quite funny but he was hot and threatened to beat me up.

Oddly enough, after that day we became kind of friends. Never had an issue after that. Got along just fine.

Sadly, he died in a tragic car accident about 6 years ago.
OMG that story had my head spinning.

One of the very first instances of "workplace violence" I was witness to, worthy of a winning suit in court, was a Jet Mechanic I worked with of Indian sub-continent descent. He would jack with everyone. While you were doing calculations on weight distribution for balance of blades in a disc, he would come up behind you and drop a full tray of turbine buckets on the floor, god awful clanging it was, and many times ruined delicate stuff. One of the mechs. got sick of the pranks and hooked his belt from behind on to the massive 20 ton hoist we used to raise complete compressors and turbine wheels to install in the builds. They raised him up about 50 ft. and left him there for about an hour. He of course sued and won due to workplace injury, discrimination, you name it. That boy deserved to fly that hour for sure...he still returned to work, but never fooled around with anyone for another 3 yrs.until he left to go home.

Back