Need help finding this guitar.

Saijin

Hi all

I’m trying to figure out which PRS this is and hope you can help?

Hmmm… how do I show a photo of the guitar in the forum?

In the mean time let me describe it: I think it’s a Blue mateo, the head is darker orange mahogany I think. And the neck screw cover in the head is black with the word “custom 24”.

The guy playing it on YouTube has it for at least 3 years

Instructions for posting photos are pinned to the first page. You need to upload them to a hosting site and then copy and past the url into the body of your post. Your question is unanswerable without photos or even a definitive, detailed description.

Hi all

I’m trying to figure out which PRS this is and hope you can help?

Hmmm… how do I show a photo of the guitar in the forum?

In the mean time let me describe it: I think it’s a Blue mateo, the head is darker orange mahogany I think. And the neck screw cover in the head is black with the word “custom 24”.

The guy playing it on YouTube has it for at least 3 years
A link to a YouTube video would also work

I don’t see this in the catalog so must be discontinued.

Is there a difference between this core custom 24 and the 24 10top 20th anniversary? Aside from the bird inlay design and markings?

Is there a difference between this core custom 24 and the 24 10top 20th anniversary? Aside from the bird inlay design and markings?
The current CU24 has the 5 way blade instead of the 3 way toggle. You should be able to find a model out there like the one in the video. They make changes to their models at times. Sometimes it is frequent and other times they stick with something much longer. The bones of the guitar are going to be the same. They change switching options and pickups in them.

On the back of the headstock there will be a serial number.
The 20th anniversary (2005) will likely start with a 5, maybe a 6.
Some (but not all) 20th anniversary guitars will have a different type of bird inlays as seen here...

It is a core model.

The current CU24 has the 5 way blade instead of the 3 way toggle. You should be able to find a model out there like the one in the video. They make changes to their models at times. Sometimes it is frequent and other times they stick with something much longer. The bones of the guitar are going to be the same. They change switching options and pickups in them.

I really like that old 20th anniversary.
If I can find one I can have prs modify it from a 3 blade to 5 blade correct?

And can you guys recommend me places or where I might be able to find the 24 10top 20th anniversary aside from eBay or Reverb?

I really like that old 20th anniversary.
If I can find one I can have prs modify it from a 3 blade to 5 blade correct?
You have it a little wrong. The three way toggle goes into a round hole. The 5 way blade has a slot cut through the body. You can't go from one to the other. You could go from a 5 way rotary switch to a three way toggle because they both use round holes in the body.

You have it a little wrong. The three way toggle goes into a round hole. The 5 way blade has a slot cut through the body. You can't go from one to the other. You could go from a 5 way rotary switch to a three way toggle because they both use round holes in the body.
I’m guessing the 20th anniversary is a 3 way which means a shop has to cut and modify the guitar to upgrade it to 5, correct?

I’m guessing the 20th anniversary is a 3 way which means a shop has to cut and modify the guitar to upgrade it to 5, correct?
Are you talking about going from a three way toggle to a 5 way rotary? That could be done. You have to make sure the pickups will support it. You need the right amount of wires and magnet polarity for it to work.

Back