Natural finished backs - Wood grain

Drlepp

Hi,
My experience with PRS guitars is admittedly modest to say the least so I turn to you guys for your extensive knowledge. I’m looking at guitars at the web, as you do because of the (n+1) algorithm for “the number of guitars that you need”, “n” being the current number.

This Core PG in Charcoal Black with natural finished back at Andertons for example. I like the contrast of dark frontside and lighter backside, but here’s the question: The wood grain goes somewhat diagonally, is this common with core guitars? I know, wood is a living material, no piece of wood is identical to the other etc, but I’d personally cut the wood so the grain would go “in line” with the guitar (but I’m also a physician, not a carpenter).
nCehYbK.jpg

Thanks guys, that’s what I suspected. It’s just that I’ve never payed too much attention to the backsides before. I’ve got no problems with it, I think that part of the charm with these guitars is they all have their own personality. My (not yet diagnosed) OCD on the other hand...o_O

Thanks guys, that’s what I suspected. It’s just that I’ve never payed too much attention to the backsides before. I’ve got no problems with it, I think that part of the charm with these guitars is they all have their own personality. My (not yet diagnosed) OCD on the other hand...o_O
It’s okay that you’re not (yet) an ass man.:p:D

Great looking posterior on that one. Sure, a little diagonal, but no knots or anything, just nice uniform grain pattern.

This place is bad news for my finances, or more correctly - Buying the first PRS was, they should really come with a warning sticker. Here I am, browsing the web for nice guitar backs, as we sometimes do, one thing leads to another, and then I get a hangup, an idea I cannot get out of my head. Only way to snap out of it is (of course) to place an order. There is no rationality behind this reasoning. Damn that (n+1) rule...:oops:

I suppose a NGD post will follow soon...

This place is bad news for my finances, or more correctly - Buying the first PRS was, they should really come with a warning sticker. Here I am, browsing the web for nice guitar backs, as we sometimes do, one thing leads to another, and then I get a hangup, an idea I cannot get out of my head. Only way to snap out of it is (of course) to place an order. There is no rationality behind this reasoning. Damn that (n+1) rule...:oops:

I suppose a NGD post will follow soon...
Atta boy! The slope is slippery!

Here I am, browsing the web for nice guitar backs, as we sometimes do, one thing leads to another, and then I get a hangup, an idea I cannot get out of my head.

Justice the founder of my fabric mov’d:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.

Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here

-- Dante, Divine Comedy, 1321

Back