NAD!

BANGIN' and welcome to Club Archon! Love that plum!!!!!

DO IT! That plum will match your burst!
Thank V.

I'll second that "DO IT" to Rob as well. C'mon man, you want to! There's still one left at zZounds with an easy "Pay As You Play" payment option to make that spend even easier!

I just want you to know, that you are absolutely freaking KILLIN' ME here! I've wanted one of these for over a year. As much as I love my Custom 50 I've always thought the Archon might be "the one" for me. Then my Boogie Brother Elvis comes rollin' in here saying how great the Archon is after he's just been through pretty much all of the top amps on my "next" list, saying he likes the Archon better than any of them. And now this... Another Mark V owner rolling one for an Archon... :( LOL (the Mark V has been my #1 "must have" amp for several years now, and seemingly can do more great tones than any other amp around).

I keep hoping some kinder gentler soul will buy a 50 watt Archon, decide its just to mean for him, and make me a nice trade for my 2 Channel H plus some cash. :D

Ok, (grudgingly;)) "Congrats on the new amp!"

I would like to know how the 25 watt combo stacks up as far as sounding like the 50 and 100 watt ones.
I will keep my Mark Five 25 and dual cabs (drop dead sexy it be :D ), but I would like to try an Archon too.
Just wish they had the 25 watt one available as a head too.

I wish the same. My Custom 50 is LOUD for home and needs to hit level that's really pushing it for home, before it really starts to sound good. In fact, every time I've been less than in love with it, turning it up cured that instantly.

That said, my V25 ain't goin' nowhere!

I just want you to know, that you are absolutely freaking KILLIN' ME here! I've wanted one of these for over a year. As much as I love my Custom 50 I've always thought the Archon might be "the one" for me. Then my Boogie Brother Elvis comes rollin' in here saying how great the Archon is after he's just been through pretty much all of the top amps on my "next" list, saying he likes the Archon better than any of them. And now this... Another Mark V owner rolling one for an Archon... :( LOL (the Mark V has been my #1 "must have" amp for several years now, and seemingly can do more great tones than any other amp around).

I keep hoping some kinder gentler soul will buy a 50 watt Archon, decide its just to mean for him, and make me a nice trade for my 2 Channel H plus some cash. :D

Ok, (grudgingly;)) "Congrats on the new amp!"
Well, I know I guy that's got a Mk V that needs a good home.....

Don't get me wrong, I love that Mesa, it's just intimidating.(?) All those knobs, switches and sliders begging to be toyed with! It's overload for my pee brain. It just came down to me missing that Archon more than I loved that Mesa (and of course the purple!). You know....Yea sweetie, you're a smokin' hot blonde, but I prefer redheads. Thanks for the mammor......memories!

You're going to kill me, but I had two of the 2x12 cabs with the faun fascia, and I just finally got around to taking them to the PTC to get the violet fascias put on them, because that's what matched my Archon (cat for scale):
IThdpF7.jpg
yv0Z4Qs.jpg

You're going to kill me, but I had two of the 2x12 cabs with the faun fascia, and I just finally got around to taking them to the PTC to get the violet fascias put on them, because that's what matched my Archon (cat for scale):
IThdpF7.jpg
yv0Z4Qs.jpg
Love it/them! Purple rules!

Well, I know I guy that's got a Mk V that needs a good home.....

Don't get me wrong, I love that Mesa, it's just intimidating.(?) All those knobs, switches and sliders begging to be toyed with! It's overload for my pee brain. It just came down to me missing that Archon more than I loved that Mesa (and of course the purple!). You know....Yea sweetie, you're a smokin' hot blonde, but I prefer redheads. Thanks for the mammor......memories!

What a minute... I'M A REDHEAD! What are you trying to say? LOL (But I married a smokin hot blonde and am one of those super lucky guys who's wife looks better in the late 40s than she did at 20! )

Hey the V is 3 channels, each with a full set of controls. Oh, and a few modes which make each channel into a different amp. LOL I know, there's a lot there. I read the manual before demo-ing one in the store, and had no problem dialing in great tones, and that was before I got the V25 and really got familiar with how things on it work.

But yeah, the Archon, dead simple great tone. I really want one of each, and the only reason I don't have either is I haven't decided which to buy first. Keep waffling. V was always in 1st due to its incredible versatility... until you and Elvis and others started this Archon stuff that last couple weeks. :D

I had a V and I couldn't get that elusive balance of mid crunch and tight, low thump that I imagined possible. I wasn't able to get it with my RA100 or Shiva either, no matter what cab or speakers I used. I can't NOT get it with the Archon. It's just built-in. I am so happy that I went for it. It cuts through the band mix without sounding shrill. It has character without being mushy or muddy. It's just right for me. I also love the depth knob. That thing is the unsung hero I think.

By comparison, the V is awfully mid-forward and tends to be shrill. And you have to game it by lowering the pre-bass and adding post EQ lows. Change gain, and readjust. My experience with the V was that I could get JP's tone, but it wasn't what I wanted. And getting what I wanted proved really difficult. The Archon lets you turn the volume and master freely. No additional work required.

I like the purple wood, but I'm a black tolex guy. Except for my Electradyne. I popped for black ostrich-pattern leather for that :)

Yup! That is super nice! Good luck with it and love the Rush poster.

I would like to know how the 25 watt combo stacks up as far as sounding like the 50 and 100 watt ones.
I will keep my Mark Five 25 and dual cabs (drop dead sexy it be :D ), but I would like to try an Archon too.
Just wish they had the 25 watt one available as a head too.

I wish the same. My Custom 50 is LOUD for home and needs to hit level that's really pushing it for home, before it really starts to sound good. In fact, every time I've been less than in love with it, turning it up cured that instantly.

That said, my V25 ain't goin' nowhere!
My Archon 100 sounds like a beast at whisper volumes. Not exaggerating. I've been preaching it forever. I can't convince the non-believers until they just try it themselves no matter how hard I try. I play mine thru a v30 Diezel 2x12. I would've killed for a master volume like this when I lived in my apartment or condo.

The 25w Archon is a different animal. Same flavor but doesn't have the depth or woof of the 100 at any volume. I think the 50 is likely closer to the 100 than the 25 from what I gather but I haven't played one. Nothing wrong with the 25 at all, but for my money, I'd go 50 or 100. If you want a grab and go combo, the 25 makes more sense of course.

Archon master kills any Mesa Mk or Recto master. And I like all those amps. Mini Recto, rectoverb 25, 50, tremoverb, Mk v 100 - all of em. Sorry, it's just a better master volume that keeps the tone of the amp no matter where you set it. *rant over

My Archon 100 sounds like a beast at whisper volumes. Not exaggerating. I've been preaching it forever. I can't convince the non-believers until they just try it themselves no matter how hard I try. I play mine thru a v30 Diezel 2x12. I would've killed for a master volume like this when I lived in my apartment or condo.

The 25w Archon is a different animal. Same flavor but doesn't have the depth or woof of the 100 at any volume. I think the 50 is likely closer to the 100 than the 25 from what I gather but I haven't played one. Nothing wrong with the 25 at all, but for my money, I'd go 50 or 100. If you want a grab and go combo, the 25 makes more sense of course.

Archon master kills any Mesa Mk or Recto master. And I like all those amps. Mini Recto, rectoverb 25, 50, tremoverb, Mk v 100 - all of em. Sorry, it's just a better master volume that keeps the tone of the amp no matter where you set it. *rant over
Having owned a Mk V and the 25w Archon I can totally agree with this. Not that the Mesa sounded "bad" at lower volumes, but the Archon is better, imo. And I would also agree that the 50 is closer to the 100 than the 25. The 25 was also great a low volumes, but the 50 does have more depth than the 25 has. Basically, Vaughn is right on the money with his comments. I would second that you really can't go wrong with any size Archon.

Back