NAD!

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
Big white truck stopped by this morning. Not sure who was happier; me for what it brought or the dogs for being able to go ballistic barking at it. At any rate, it's too bad Sergio isn't around. I think he'd be proud of me for this purely fashionistic purchase.
20160308_094502_zpsk0762j6k.jpg

20160308_094525_zpsmfzqpmtc.jpg

See, I bought it just because it went well with my current accessories (there's that fashion thing).

20160308_132246_zpslxi7dbyz.jpg

Ok, it wasn't really a fashion purchase. If I hadn't run across a plum Archon, I wouldn't have been buying anything. Here's the scoop. I work from home almost exclusively. I venture into the office once a month, maybe. About a year ago I decided I'd like to be able to get up and take a break to play from time to time during the day. Problem is, I felt guilty leaving my office in the basement and venturing up two flights of stairs to plug in and play for awhile. I decided that there was plenty of room in the basement for a smallish amp, and a couple of guitars. So, I bought a 25w Archon combo. It was cool, and I really liked it. It was a little overkill because I have a Mk V in the "music room" (aka spare bedroom). Kind of the same thing, only different. In January I happened to get a "New Arrivals" email from Chicago Music Exchange. Low and behold, they've got a used 30w HXDA combo for a very reasonable price. What to do, what to do....Of course, the answer was order it. It arrived, and of course, I'm over the moon with it. Problem is, while I'm an idiot when it comes to buying guitars I'm "practical" when it comes to amps. I really shouldn't have more than two in the house. One upstairs in the "Music Room" and one in the basement, near my office. So, the Archon combo had to find a new home. I didn't expect to miss it as much as I did since I really like the Mk V, or so I thought. I found that I wished I had kept the Archon, and moved the Mesa instead. Something about the simplicity of the Archon, and that sound! So, Saturday I was trolling the internet and happened across a brand new 50w Archon Plum head. That's it. Gotta have it. It goes with the cab after all!! Plus, "Pay As You Play" payment method. So, it arrives and I decide I need to have a farewell session with the Mesa first, and I start second guessing myself. Man, did I do the right thing? I really can't keep the Mesa. I dunno....Unplug the Mesa, set up the Archon, flip it to Standby, wait a couple of minutes, flip the swtich........ecstasy! Tone knobs are all at noon, volume is appropriate for mid day rocking with no one in the house, and the neighbors at work. I KNOW I've done the right thing. These things are just so f@ckin' sweet. So, the Mesa, while I enjoyed it for a couple of years, will have to find a new home. And just for sh!ts-n-giggles, here's the "Music Room" with it's newest member,

20160308_132349_zpswmqeey0n.jpg

20160308_132320_zpsqsydbmli.jpg

The rest of the "family" (HXDA, Bernie, Cu24, P245, and two in pieces projects) is in the basement.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Bangin'

Did you get everything else to match the Rock Crusher?

While the plum isn't for me, congrats to you, and happy playing! I haven't had any interest in my other amps since getting the Archon. In fact, I'm still watching YT vids of it while I am away from home, waiting until I can crank it up again...

At home I run my 100 in 50W mode and it doesn't change the tone. Which power mode are you running, and do you hear a difference between 50W and 25W?

Very nice, and nice man cave you got going there too!

Thanks Corey. The hobbies are split in half. The music half you can see. The other half of the room is crammed full book cases, and handful of sports collectibles.

I LOVE.

Cool studio, too. Let's get some clips o' that bad boy!!

Thanks Les. Clips? The last time I recorded myself I pushed the record button on a boom box. I just picked up,one of those all in one Presonsus kits and some drum software. I should figure out how to make that stuff work.

That's a peach!

Wait...

Tee hee! I see what you did there.

At home I run my 100 in 50W mode and it doesn't change the tone. Which power mode are you running, and do you hear a difference between 50W and 25W?

I'm in 50w and will probably leave it there. I haven't checked out the 25w mode yet. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever ran that Mk V at anything but full power either.

I said I think, I think I said...I LIKE that. Big fan of purple amps and have had the idea of an Archon rattling around in my head lately. Congrats Bodia and glad you saw that before I did!

Back