NAD: Teeny Tiny Orange Goodness

mezzio

The Force is weak in ^^
Sorry, didn't post this in the amp section, but I still can't afford a PRS amp to justify posting in a section for PRS amps :p. That and the closest place I know of that sells PRS amps. That and the closest place that I know of that sells PRS amps is 2 hours away.

I finally got around to getting rid of the crummy Fender Mustang amp I've been playing through. I guess it was an alright amp for what it was, maybe for someone who's just starting out. I could never get the tone I was looking for out of it. Being software driven, it always seemed to be missing just a little something.

I've long been a fan of the god aweful ugly amps that are known as Orange. Unfortuately I have manners and didn't want to get a huge 100W head with a 4x12 cab, keeping my neighbors in mind (I live in a duplex with pretty pathetic insulation between the 2 sides). Keeping in my $300 range, I decided to go with the Micro Terror and the orange 1x8 cab, and its just beautiful.... I suppose anything would be coming off a Mustang though. Some day ill be able to get in to the bigger stuff, but for now, this little guy will do just fine :) even being as small as it is, I think its still plenty loud to irritate the neighbors.

:rock::rock:I've always liked Orange amps. They've brought out a lot cool stuff in the past decade that is great on a budget and low volumes. Congrats!

Ugly? We love them!
That micro terror is surprisingly good thru a bigger cab.
And the newer cr60 & cr120 are exceptional as well...
Get a used PP112 and you'll be rocking!

Yeah, I've always though Orange were just ugly, but they grow on ya, and can't beat their tone :)

I think just for the hell of it I'm gonna get another 1x8 cab and make a little micro stack, just because I can. If/when I ever get a full size cab, it'll be fun to run the Micro through it... goofy looking little box on top of a huge speaker cab pumping out all kinds of noise... love it, lol

Sweet! I've got a Jim Root Dark Terror - Orange amps are cool!

Well a few days in to owning this and my "need to play" has greatly increased, lol. Amazing how even a tiny little "practice" amp can motivate someone (especially coming from a modeler). The only thing that kind of annoys me is the single tone knob, but I have an idea of where I like it.

I've been looking for a ppc112 for a decent price, and maybe some day ill find one, lol. Even with the 1x8 I still can only crank the volume to about the 8-9:00 position, its LOUD :)

Congrats on the tiny terror. I too love orange amps. Especially their lunchbox amps. I have both the jim root terror and the dark terror and i am very happy with the tone they deliver. My local guitar shop sells mostly orange amps and......prs guitars. Needless to say, they know what i love. I always wondered what the tiny terror would sound like through a bigger cab. And yeah it would look goofy but i bet it would sound great.

Last edited:
Back