Boss IR2

Roudan

Hi

Anyone has experience on Boss IR2? I like it has 11 type of amps and 2 channel, effect loop with my existing pedals. Currently, I only have one Marshall JCM2000 amp connecting to an external cab with a celestion speaker. If I have this Boss IR2, basally I will have 11 amp. Is it correct? I understand it is not the same, but it will be close.

I only practice guitar at home. So My question is: Can this Boss IR2 connect to my current cab with a celestion speaker for practicing? I know it can connect to headphone.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The IR-2 has no power amp in it. So, like a Helix or unpowered Kemper or Axe-FX it would need a PA, or some other amplifier.
You could put it in the effects loop of your amp, but that will colour your amp choice/sound somewhat. On top of that if you use the Celestion speaker exclusively that will negate the IR portion of the Boss.

The IR-2 has no power amp in it. So, like a Helix or unpowered Kemper or Axe-FX it would need a PA, or some other amplifier.
You could put it in the effects loop of your amp, but that will colour your amp choice/sound somewhat. On top of that if you use the Celestion speaker exclusively that will negate the IR portion of the Boss.
Thanks. I am a just a guitar learner so I don’t have PA. So to me only option is to use headphone for practicing at home. Is it correct? Thx

I just received one this week. I bought it more for recording than anything so I really don't know how it sounds live. However I've been very impressed with the different tones it gives. Personally I love it! For the price and size it kicks! I'd take the set of headphones you use and go to the music store for a test run. At the very least, in a live situation I think it would be a great backup.

If I didn't already have a Two Notes C.A.B.M.+, I would probably buy one of these. It does everything I bought the Two Notes pedal for and is $100 less money.

Thank you guys I got mine this week. One question, if I use output in stereo, do I just use track B only? I heard someone said I need to have both track A and Track B connected? I only have one TRS cable. Thanks

Back