N Effin' Three!!!

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Been flirting with NF3s since they were discontinued, almost pulled the trigger on a new leftover one early this year.

Scored this used one (excuse the crap photo please), which is apparently a custom color "CC" one-off in Silverburst, and all I can say is HOLY POOP!

Why isn't everyone playing these things? Why didn't these sell? Single-soap-buckery sublime-ness! All I read about the interactivity of the volume knob on this is true! I doubt that 408s will ever be dethroned as my all-time favorites, but these Narrowfields are a revelation. Thickness + bite + articulation. If you haven't heard these, you really need to. I think I want another one, maybe a maple-boarded one just to switch things up...

NF3_zps06ac238a.jpg

Awesome looking guitar. And if Sergio says it bangs, then by all that is holy, it bangs!

too many "tunnel vision" people to try the narrowfields. my guitar partner and I think their the best damn pickup we've ever played or heard. glad you got to find out what a few of us know, and what so many people will never know or experience.

This is another quintessential PRS innovation that I love...like the winged tuners and the rotary 5-way. :dancing: Great acquisition.

Needs moar photos from other angles!

Nice pickup (hehe), from another EnnEff3 owner. They are sweet. I really wish I had a powder blue or sea foam green one, though. Those are the sweetest.

great score brother
so can these pups overlap to P90 territory? i'd like to add a PRS in the future not to similar to the 513 tones
but can't decide which should i get to complement it, any suggestions are highly appreciated

Congrats and enjoy this beauty

great score brother
so can these pups overlap to P90 territory? i'd like to add a PRS in the future not to similar to the 513 tones
but can't decide which should i get to complement it, any suggestions are highly appreciated

Congrats and enjoy this beauty

I would definitely say that the Narrowfields overlap into P90 territory - I got out my SE Semi Hollow Soapbar (my only P90 guitar for reference) and I would say the bite / grit is indeed comparable, but the Narrowfields have more body and presence. They are a little lower output that my P90s (7.8Ω-8.1Ω vs. 9.6Ω-9.8Ω). It's not an entirely fair comparison, as I know from having an SE One in the past that the Semi-Hollow mellows out the P90s a bit, so that extra air may account for part of the thin-ness.

Hope that helps!

Awesome looking guitar, love the silverburst! I loved the SASNF and still want one. Just can't justify the spending though.

Awesome looking ax! I have had my maple neck cherry red NF3 for about 6 months and cannot understand why they did not sell. NF's can cover lots of musical territory.

Carl, that is one sweet looking NF3!
Congrats man!

ps ~ DIBS!!!
Seriously, if you EVER part with her, give me a shot at this one...

Back