Myles Kennedy PRS released

I bought a Fender Am Pro II Telecaster last week, partially because I thought the PRS T-style would not happen for a while. Boy, was I wrong.

I’m super happy with the guitar, and I’ve been contemplating getting a second one to install humbuckers into, because sometimes I want those vibes instead of the classic Tele twang. And what do you know…narrowfields…

We’ll see, I am certainly tempted.

My only disappointment is that the bridge pickup is not mounted into the bridge plate. I would have wanted to know what that would have sounded like. But then again, I trust that they made it the best sounding instrument possible.

Last edited:
I'd love to compare to this:

p_region_AZS2209_ATQ_00_01.png

watching Paul's video above....he says the bass pickup on teles is useless? Hasn't been that way since the early 50's!
He's grasping at straws here.

If he's talking about a 53, I could see how he has that opinion. The wiring set up makes the neck pickup an acquired taste. My vintage Teles are player grade so I had no issue changing to more modern wiring. I use the neck position all the time.

Looks like the nut is even narrower on both of these than a DGT! Wonder why they did that? They sound cool.
I noticed that too. I would be afraid that I wouldn't get along with that. The DGT and the Regular neck carve are about as narrow as I would ever want.

Looks like the MK body has a different, less "offset", body shape than the NF53. MK is better looking in that regard. Also curious why there is no Blonde/Natural color for the NF53?

I think my preference would be the MK with the NF53 pickups.

Last edited:
A black NF53 would be a nice addition to the harem...

That black looks good and more modern solid colors like the silver sky would have been welcome. Nothing says dad guitar like trans finish over ash.

I'm more leaning towards the MK...
I like the 5 way, which for the first time (I think) you get some split NF sounds.
The locking tuners is a bonus (to me) as well...
For some reason the MK isn't grabbing me.

Also for years, I've said I'd like to see what PRS could do with the NF pickups and a T style body yet somehow the MK version seems underwhelming to me? Maybe I just need to get one in my hands.....

Back