My PRS Private Stock Journey...

PS now seems more like, a grade or a tier of a build rather than a full-on custom shop.

There’s also so many dealer’s builds and dealer specific “exclusives”. Like, I’m not blaming dealers, they’re obviously selling and enough people want them, but I kinda don’t get why customers would wanna buy a PS someone else designed over a WL for half the cost. It’s clogging up production, and feels like ordering a Maury Amsterdam sandwich rather than creating your own.

Some dealer runs are dope like the Moore’s “first birds” Frampton guitars. Dunno how well those sold, but it was a cool idea, and seemed like something that PRS shoulda done themselves like as a PS GOTM thing. But there’s tons of kinda “basic” PS runs of CU24’s and 594’s that no longer elicit a “wow” from me, and I dunno if I could get all that invested in a guitar store’s aesthetic legacy.

I could just be jaded from 12 years of PSF.

I don't disgree but the 'Splatter-caster' this week looked pretty one-off - plus the black one with no obvious pickups. Splatter-caster looked very '80s to me - loved it.

Back