My favorite weekend has arrived

mezzio

The Force is weak in ^^
not because it's a 3 day weekend, but because the Taste of Madison has bestowed its epicness upon us! I'm sure anyone outside of Wisconsin is wondering WTF the Taste of Madison is.

Well, in a nutshell, over the weekend, restaurants and catering companies from all over the city set up shop around the Capitol square and peddle their delicious wares to anyone who will stuff it in their mouth. What makes the Taste even better though is free music, and not just local or regional bands, the Rock radio station in town does a pretty darn good job of pulling in national acts.

Today was pretty fun in that I was able to PRS spot again... Like I do every year, lol. Starset's guitarist was playing an Mushok Baritone (btw, extremely fun show they put on, so if you get a chance to see them, do it). Islander was rocking a couple CU24's through an Orange. Thousand Foot Krutches touring guitarist rocked an S2 Standard Singlecut, he also sound checked a Clint Lowery sig, but didn't play it.

As far as tomorrow goes, I'm skipping the first two bands, so I'll be spotting for a couple, I ready knows Aranda's guitarist, Dameon Aranda, swaps through a few different PRSi, a very nice Custom, an SE Allender, and as of last year a Mushok... I keep wondering when he'll become a PRS artist. Maybe he'll have gotten something new this year too, lol.

I didn't get much for pictures, hard to get pics hen you're trying to enjoy the shows, lol, but I think my daughter got a bunch, so I'll go through them. I'll keep my eyes open tomorrow and see if any of the bands also have good taste.

Oh that sounds like fun. You have some very nice restaurants in Madison. Should be a good time.

Well no PRSi from other bands, Aranda brought on a new S2 Starla, and a touring rhythm guitarist playing a beautiful Custom 22 though... It was pretty cool seeing dual matching 22's on stage.

Starset is friggin great live, I think the music is better live then on cd

Yeah, it was awesome... the only thing that would have made it better is if it was dark out. I still say they're a little nuts for wearing those suits in the heat we had yesterday, lol.

Back