My 1st CU24 CE - waited 23 years to age ~~~

This CE purchase got me thinking that I may have just started on a journey to hunt down great faded PRSi :)

This CE purchase got me thinking that I may have just started on a journey to hunt down great faded PRSi :)

I'll get you started. What? You asked for a picture of a great faded PRS? This is my only faded one, 1997 CE with a 3-piece FMT that was once Royal Blue. I am intrigued by this one. Between the fade and the oddness of the top, I cannot figure out if she's gorgeous or scary looking, but I do enjoy her. Also my only 'hog CE, and my only one with a "regular" neck carve, which I think fits her well:

029_zps7a6fa4bd.jpg

Faded CEs UNITE!!!

I'll get you started. What? You asked for a picture of a great faded PRS? This is my only faded one, 1997 CE with a 3-piece FMT that was once Royal Blue. I am intrigued by this one. Between the fade and the oddness of the top, I cannot figure out if she's gorgeous or scary looking, but I do enjoy her. Also my only 'hog CE, and my only one with a "regular" neck carve, which I think fits her well:

029_zps7a6fa4bd.jpg

Faded CEs UNITE!!!

Very interesting 3 piece top!? with a regular carve to boot! Wow! Great fade ~~~

I just noticed that this one has a SMALL heel and discovered that PRS made bigger heels in 1995 and forward.

What's the significance with the small heel, tonally, structurally and value wise?

Last edited:
Back