My 1st CU24 CE - waited 23 years to age ~~~

enigma

So, I've been shopping for a Custom 24 and usually stay away from bolt-ons, but this striking color just caught my attention. It's a 1994 Custom 24 CE. Then, when I picked it up and played it unplugged I was really impressed with its resonance and the playability - of course, it's got the PRS action! I am generally averse to 5-way rotary dial, but really have grown to accept it and love the variance with the tones. And, I love these HFS and Vintage Bass pickups. Enjoy the pics!

Last edited:
Killer, killer axe. Great top, great fade. Nothing like an alder-bodied CE with a rotary...magic.

Awesome color, and I bet it'll only look better as it ages and fades.

Now about the VB/HFS/rotary combination putting out uniquely great tones……..sorry, old news. I've been singin' that praise for years!

Did that come from Lark St? I was eye-balling that one.
Nice score! A 94 CE24 was my gateway-drug PRS. :biggrin:

Did that come from Lark St? I was eye-balling that one.
Nice score! A 94 CE24 was my gateway-drug PRS. :biggrin:

Yes! I've owned over 40 PRSi at one time or another, but never a CE until this one. This one is really special!

Last edited:
Awesome color, and I bet it'll only look better as it ages and fades.

Now about the VB/HFS/rotary combination putting out uniquely great tones……..sorry, old news. I've been singin' that praise for years!

I've always loved VB/HFS pickups and currently thinking of putting a pair in my ME. I'm also thinking of putting Dragon I into my ME as well.

Back