Music Nomad F-one oil thoughts.

Food grade lemon oil is a superb source of bacteria that can go rancid and will undoubtedly add to your enjoyment of dust and grime on the fretboard.

It's completely different stuff from standard guitar lemon oils, that are made of naphtha, and are intended to be wiped on and wiped off in order to get goo off the fretboard.

But don't take my word for it...

At last something we disagree on. Perhaps my bottle isn't that cos its still pure as the day I bought it. I'll try to post a pic so we are on the same page. This stuff was recommended by the owners of Alembic and the only reason I bought it. Yeah I named dropped, and it's an important name!

At last something we disagree on. Perhaps my bottle isn't that cos its still pure as the day I bought it. I'll try to post a pic so we are on the same page. This stuff was recommended by the owners of Alembic and the only reason I bought it. Yeah I named dropped, and it's an important name!
Not that it's even slightly my business, but definitely take a pic, now you've got me curious!

I was indeed more or less kidding on the straight...

I've bought a couple of used-but-as-new PRSes over the years that I thought felt and sounded the way I hoped they would.

Doesn't mean the people who played them always washed their hands after pooping, just means I didn't find out!! Hey, perception is everything!

However, if I EVER sell one of my guitars you can rest assured that: (a) I washed my hands after pooping, because I'm that person; and, (b), the guitar was maintained by the book; and (c), you will never find a guitar as meticulously cared for.

This is why my wife always says, "The person who buys one of your guitars gets a MUCH better deal than you did, suckahhhh!!!"

In 2021 I traded in a three year old Grand Cherokee Ltd. with 7500 miles, and not a mark on it. The saleswoman told me she was going to buy it from her own dealership, and did.

My wife also says this makes me a complete loser. She's right!!

-- insert laughing until I cry emoji --
Sounds like we are more alike than either of us knew. I am the same way. I take really good care of my stuff. I guarantee that any guitars I have sold were very well taken care of and maintained by me. When I was playing in smokey bars, the guitars were the last thing to go on the stage and the cases were only opened long enough to get the guitar and strap out then closed back up and put to the side. When the gig was done, the guitars were the first thing off of the stage. I used to hit them with some guitar polish and give them a quick wipe down before quickly putting them in the case. I managed to keep them from getting smokey smelling. I sold a few of those guitars and they had not smoke smell to them at all and neither did the cases. It takes an attention to detail to keep that from happening. I am a bit OCD with things like this. I am this way with all of my belongings, not just guitars.

Sounds like we are more alike than either of us knew. I am the same way. I take really good care of my stuff. I guarantee that any guitars I have sold were very well taken care of and maintained by me. When I was playing in smokey bars, the guitars were the last thing to go on the stage and the cases were only opened long enough to get the guitar and strap out then closed back up and put to the side. When the gig was done, the guitars were the first thing off of the stage. I used to hit them with some guitar polish and give them a quick wipe down before quickly putting them in the case. I managed to keep them from getting smokey smelling. I sold a few of those guitars and they had not smoke smell to them at all and neither did the cases. It takes an attention to detail to keep that from happening. I am a bit OCD with things like this. I am this way with all of my belongings, not just guitars.

That's pretty extreme about the smoky bar thing, and of course I did the exact same thing, but also brought plastic cleaners bags for the cases to keep them from smelling like smoke. My bandmates used to avert their gaze and pretend I wasn't out of my f#cking mind.

I had a friend who smoked, and he had the same amp as the one I gigged with. He took pity on me, and loaned me his amp to do shows because I didn't want mine to smell like smoke.

About ten years ago, I was carrying a guitar down the stairs to my studio. I slipped and fell down the stairs. Instinctively, I held the guitar and case on top of myself as I went down so it wouldn't get damaged.

The guitar was in a hard, protective, padded case.

I was not.

I have to carry some medical stuff around with me wherever I go. I'm a backpack kinda guy. Last year I decided I needed something more upscale than a nylon one, so I bought an awesome leather backpack. However, it's so nice, I can't bring myself to actually use it.

I used to keep my cars under a car cover. Inside the garage.

When I drove BMWs I didn't want to drive them in winter in the road salt. So I bought a Jeep to use in winter. But it was so brand-spanking-new I didn't want to drive it in winter, either. Snowy mornings were an emotional hell.

I decided I needed a really great pocket knife for "everyday carry." As you can guess by now, it's far too handsome and well-crafted to actually carry around, so it lives in the backpack that's too nice to use.

The backpack that's too nice to use also contains a titanium key chain that's too nice to use, and a couple of pens that are also too nice to use.

Somehow, I manage to play my guitars, because I have to make a living. But I kinda wonder if I have a problem...:eek:

Last edited:
That's pretty extreme about the smoky bar thing, and of course I did the exact same thing, but also brought plastic cleaners bags for the cases to keep them from smelling like smoke. My bandmates used to avert their gaze and pretend I wasn't out of my f#cking mind.

I had a friend who smoked, and he had the same amp as the one I gigged with. He took pity on me, and loaned me his amp to do shows because I didn't want mine to smell like smoke.

About ten years ago, I was carrying a guitar down the stairs to my studio. I slipped and fell down the stairs. Instinctively, I held the guitar and case on top of myself as I went down so it wouldn't get damaged.

The guitar was in a hard, protective, padded case.

I was not.

I have to carry some medical stuff around with me wherever I go. I'm a backpack kinda guy. Last year I decided I needed something more upscale than a nylon one, so I bought an awesome leather backpack. However, it's so nice, I can't bring myself to actually use it.

I used to keep my cars under a car cover. Inside the garage.

When I drove BMWs I didn't want to drive them in winter in the road salt. So I bought a Jeep to use in winter. But it was so brand-spanking-new I didn't want to drive it in winter, either. Snowy mornings were an emotional hell.

I decided I needed a really great pocket knife for "everyday carry." As you can guess by now, it's far too handsome and well-crafted to actually carry around, so it lives in the backpack that's too nice to use.

The backpack that's too nice to use also contains a titanium key chain that's too nice to use, and a couple of pens that are also too nice to use.

Somehow, I manage to play my guitars, because I have to make a living. But I kinda wonder if I have a problem...:eek:
I see more similarities in that post... :)

I had an anniversary year Mustang GT convertible that I kept in my garage under a cover. It only came out on nice sunny days. This gets better. I bought a Jeep for winter driving. I then decided to try to keep that in as good of shape as possible so I had an old Chevy Celebrity that my wife had been driving that needed work. I put the money and work into that so I could drive that in the winter since I had the Mustang and Jeep in the garage, staying nice. I ended up trading it in on a new SUV so I would actually get some use out of my vehicle.

I even save other people's stuff. I had a friend that had me come up on stage to play his guitar for a few songs. While I was playing it a couple of drunk people fell into the main speaker on a stand at the corner of the stage. It came towards me. I saw it coming so I quickly turned to protect the guitar and took the speaker on the back of my right shoulder and it bounced off of me and landed between my friend and I, the one who owned the guitar, he was singing the song. He quickly started thanking me for saving his Les Paul.

I see more similarities in that post... :)

I had an anniversary year Mustang GT convertible that I kept in my garage under a cover. It only came out on nice sunny days. This gets better. I bought a Jeep for winter driving. I then decided to try to keep that in as good of shape as possible so I had an old Chevy Celebrity that my wife had been driving that needed work. I put the money and work into that so I could drive that in the winter since I had the Mustang and Jeep in the garage, staying nice. I ended up trading it in on a new SUV so I would actually get some use out of my vehicle.

I even save other people's stuff. I had a friend that had me come up on stage to play his guitar for a few songs. While I was playing it a couple of drunk people fell into the main speaker on a stand at the corner of the stage. It came towards me. I saw it coming so I quickly turned to protect the guitar and took the speaker on the back of my right shoulder and it bounced off of me and landed between my friend and I, the one who owned the guitar, he was singing the song. He quickly started thanking me for saving his Les Paul.
We sound so alike!!

Back