Multiscale craziness...

It does have a metric a$$-load of switches, but I like the “color outside the lines” approach. Very innovative, and that’s always been the PRS way, to me. I’d take the whole thing with dark humbuckers.

Last edited:
Yeah, Ish Guitars has one of the most unique collections I've come across. I'd love to see their shop in person. They recently posted a Private Stock Vela on IG that just looked killer.

Their website has a few of these multi-scale guitars posted. I'm curious of this specific one's pickup configuration.

Oh I'd like that for sure. My old charvel had a mini toggle for each pickup. I liked that a lot.

This guitar is cool!!!

Do you like fan fret better?
I was surprised how much I liked the ones I’ve played. I had expected to feel clumsy playing them.
The frets are fanned on this, just a little bit, right? 25.5" on low strings, 24.75" on the high - so it's pretty mild. Even though that might benefit me a bit, it just doesn't interest me much. The pickup config is unique, but not sure I'd like it. I'd still love to try it just to get a feel for what it's all about. I'm 100% going on preconceived notions, which is probably what holds the industry back.

I read the info again and hadn't noticed the mini toggles were 3 ways. I can only guess at what the pickup options are on this thing.

The minis on my old charvel were 2 way. On or off.

Back