Mild dilemma: flying with a guitar

Correction: No other with a maple top except his.

Hey, Sergio, I flew through Chicago. It was bitterly cold! I couldn't believe the ice on lake Michigan. Here's a pic flying out.

2014-01-24113706.jpg

Look at that 90 foot swell that's about to crash over the city! :creep:

Hey, Sergio, I flew through Chicago. It was bitterly cold! I couldn't believe the ice on lake Michigan. Here's a pic flying out.

2014-01-24113706.jpg

Brutal!!!! I hate this place six months out of the year...

Bangin' job getting an isle seat and paying to board early, did you have to come back through Chicago? I always hate the return trip because of the high traffic through Midway and O'hare, it seems like every plane has to make a stop here so I'm always stuck in a middle seat (not quite as tall as you but still...) and have to really lay on the charm when traveling with a guitar.

did you have to come back through Chicago? I always hate the return trip because of the high traffic through Midway and O'hare, it seems like every plane has to make a stop here so I'm always stuck in a middle seat (not quite as tall as you but still...) and have to really lay on the charm when traveling with a guitar.
Yeah, both ways through Chicago, both with only an hour layover each - enough to take a dump and get some food at a comfortable pace. I noticed the terminal at Midway was pretty busy. However, three out of four flights were not anywhere near full and I had nobody next to me in the middle. Really, it couldn't be much better.

Also, I forgot to mention I used my SE gig bag. That was really nice, it performed really well.

There are only two cool ways to travel with a guitar:

1. Railroads. So you can pose with your guitar by the tracks for your...uh...CD cover...

2. Hitchhiking. So you can wait by brick walls and crossroads, and take pictures for your...um...you know...CD cover...and say, "it took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw..."

;)

I did a google image search and found a pic of a guitar very similar to his, except his was 3 pieces on top and had a double black coil humbucker at the bridge. I don't know why I didn't take a pic of his while I was checking it out.

t6dy52.jpg

I did a google image search and found a pic of a guitar very similar to his, except his was 3 pieces on top and had a double black coil humbucker at the bridge. I don't know why I didn't take a pic of his while I was checking it out.

t6dy52.jpg

Wow! Is that a maple top? I thought they were all three piece... that looks like two.

I think so. It's flamey like maple. I don't recall seeing flamed alder with figuring like that before. His also had the pearloid.

I think so. It's flamey like maple. I don't recall seeing flamed alder with figuring like that before.

I forget who it was that owned it but I recall seeing a 305 with figured alder... blew my mind.

I'm sure it's maple...gotta be.. Man, I'm always ragging on pick guards but for some reason I like the ones on EG's. Maybe I'll feel the same way about the other PRS with 'em in 20 years.

Back