Might need a Mira...

I went to a shop the other day to check out a Matchless amp. Not much for PRS, but they had an SE Mira. Fun guitar! Sounded and played great. I haven't played a core in a long time. I remember liking them back when they came out. Can't remember how I feel about the neck pickup sound with 24 frets. I have zero 24 fretters. I'd need to find one with a regular neck shape, I don't like the thin much.

Then I thought about the S2- 22 frets, regular neck...I'd really dig a semi hollow but they don't pop up often. I like dots on the Mira better anyways.

First, You can't go wrong with a core Mira. Just a solid rock guitar in my opinion.

Second, was that Matchless in Madison? I haven't seen one around town in years. Love the SC30 & the Chieftain.

I’d love to have that maple-topped Mira that Paul demoed so many amps with, it always sounds so ballsy. There’s one on Reverb like it, but the price is a shade high for me.

Last edited:
I’d love to have that maple-topped Mira that Paul demoed so many amps with, it always sounds so ballsy. There’s one on Reverb like it, but the price is a shade high for me.

I've been hawking one just like this at a dealer for a while. I'm with you the price is just too high for me as well.

First, You can't go wrong with a core Mira. Just a solid rock guitar in my opinion.

Second, was that Matchless in Madison? I haven't seen one around town in years. Love the SC30 & the Chieftain.
Yeah, it’s a Phoenix 35 and 2x12 cab. Basically an HC30 with el34’s. I’m considering buying it. Had a great vibe when I played it. It’s actually the only reason I’m pausing on the Mira for now. It’s been forever since I’ve played the SC30, but always liked them. I have my friend’s Chieftain right now. Also a killer amp.

FPdNlhu.jpg

6XsHdKg.jpg

The Lilac is the one Sergio talks about :cool:

Back