Struggling with Mira S2 and Core

AZGiant

So need a little feedback and the opinions of the group. Looking at either a new S2 or core Mira. I have never played either and curious what you all think the differences are between them once they are in your hands.

Axe

I've never played an S2 Mira. My third Core Mira just arrived at home today.

The S2 has 22 frets, the Core 24. Most Cores have Pattern Thin necks, most S2s have Pattern Regular (I think?). I've had Pattern Regular on my two Cores. Remains to be seen what the one that was dropped off today has. Beyond that stuff, it's the usual S2 vs Core. Import pickups and different neck construction.

If cost is a factor, careful shopping can get you a Core at an S2 or SE price. Core Miras have always been just about the least expensive Cores on the used market, though there's been an uptick the last year or so. I've seen some listed for $2k or more, which is fantasy-land.

The cores sound, play and feel fantastic. For my personal tastes, I wish they’d made it 22 frets from the start and not made mostly wide thin necks.

The S2 pick guard doesn’t do much for me but I’m good with neck shape and frets. Somebody here modded or got a custom one that made it look more like a core. Thought that looked great.

I’d take a 594 Mira in a heartbeat. 22 frets, non skinny neck, short scale, nitro FTW! Oh, put some moons and an old Ted headstock on there too!

Had both, core better....but...let it go as I found the neck string spacing too cramped...

The cores sound, play and feel fantastic. For my personal tastes, I wish they’d made it 22 frets from the start and not made mostly wide thin necks.

The S2 pick guard doesn’t do much for me but I’m good with neck shape and frets. Somebody here modded or got a custom one that made it look more like a core. Thought that looked great.

I’d take a 594 Mira in a heartbeat. 22 frets, non skinny neck, short scale, nitro FTW! Oh, put some moons and an old Ted headstock on there too!

That’s what I love about the 25th Anni Mira. 22 frets, core fit & finish and 24.5” scale. But I would love a normal Mira again (preferably a Korina one again).

I’ve been watching this one a while…

I‘d love to add a maple-topped core Mira to the stable, but have other expenses right now. If you want to hear a similar guitar, search some of the PRS CAD amps demos where Paul tests them at the factory… it just roars!

I went with the S2 due to the 22 frets...they play great and body is very ergonomic and light...zero neck dive...beautiful instrument ....

Let's not forget the Mira X! It's got 22 frets and is a little bit less-flashy for a price closer to the S2 range. (Dare I say it was one of the guitars to usher in the S2 lineup?) Killer, killer, killer guitar. Freakin' killer. Stock pickups and everything, it's just fantastic. And it weighs, what, like 5.5 lbs?

Let's not forget the Mira X! It's got 22 frets and is a little bit less-flashy for a price closer to the S2 range. (Dare I say it was one of the guitars to usher in the S2 lineup?) Killer, killer, killer guitar. Freakin' killer. Stock pickups and everything, it's just fantastic. And it weighs, what, like 5.5 lbs?
YES! That's why I went with the "X." Wide-Fat, 22 frets, and mine weighs in at 4.5lbs.
QTKE3Ta.jpg

Back