McCarty 594 bridge differences

I'd like to try that myself. If I could find an older bridge with the flatter saddles, I'd buy it! When I went looking for one on Reverb, though, I noticed that several bridges are available, but the problem is that most of the sellers are using images of bridges with the older saddles but are actually selling them with the newer saddles. I've asked a couple of them, and both confirmed this.
Did you try here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32558026...TK4180XVnD1aBCNctYtL2Z4hElLdncqhoCa7kQAvD_BwE

Yeah, I've purchased a few items from him in the past, and he did tell me that the PRS bridges he's selling have the newer Gibson-style saddles and not the ones that are shown in the image. I did find this one on Reverb, though:

I don't think I really care to spend that kind of money for a tonal experiment, though. It would be ideal to find a set of individual saddles, but they don't seem to be available, either.

Yeah, I've purchased a few items from him in the past, and he did tell me that the PRS bridges he's selling have the newer Gibson-style saddles and not the ones that are shown in the image. I did find this one on Reverb, though:

I don't think I really care to spend that kind of money for a tonal experiment, though. It would be ideal to find a set of individual saddles, but they don't seem to be available, either.
Yes a bit pricey but tailpiece as well but to ship that to the UK non viable for me, I only paid £250 for a genuine Gibson 1964 ABR 1 bridge for my original 1964 335 from Reverb !

Yes a bit pricey but tailpiece as well but to ship that to the UK non viable for me, I only paid £250 for a genuine Gibson 1964 ABR 1 bridge for my original 1964 335 from Reverb !
Wow! Great score on that ABR-1! I once had a 1963 ES-345, but I foolishly sold it. At the time, though, it wasn't all that collectible.

I'll ponder on that PRS bridge. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have the spare parts.

Yes, dead lucky on the ABR1 i put wanted ad in a 335 forum and a guy actual took it of his 1964 ES330 and sold it to me on Reverb, he wanted to put a Tone Pro on his guitar. Yep ES 345 had a last of the stop tailpiece 1965 years ago really regret selling it so later brought the ES 335 and do not sell any now just accumulate. Yep buy the bridge you never know when or if you will see another !

Yeah, I'm no longer accumulating much gear......quite the contrary. Since my gigging days are slowing down, I've decided that it's time to unload most of the gear I'm not using. I don't have much in the way of collectible items, either. I wish that I had hung on to a few guitars that I owned in the early '70s, though. One such guitar was a white '61 Les Paul Custom in the SG style that had three real PAF pickups. I don't know what I was thinking when I sold it, but so it goes......

I may or may not grab that bridge. It seems they pop up every once in a while, so we'll see.

Yeah, I'm no longer accumulating much gear......quite the contrary. Since my gigging days are slowing down, I've decided that it's time to unload most of the gear I'm not using. I don't have much in the way of collectible items, either. I wish that I had hung on to a few guitars that I owned in the early '70s, though. One such guitar was a white '61 Les Paul Custom in the SG style that had three real PAF pickups. I don't know what I was thinking when I sold it, but so it goes......

I may or may not grab that bridge. It seems they pop up every once in a while, so we'll see.

Yep foresight would be a great thing , yep really I should get a few bits moved on really and I have far to many amps and cabs too !

Well the bridge turned up from Germany today but it was a new style so that did not work out well but will stick it in a draw for a spare as too much hassle to return it and it was a good price !

Well the bridge turned up from Germany today but it was a new style so that did not work out well but will stick it in a draw for a spare as too much hassle to return it and it was a good price !
Oh, so you took a gamble to see if it was the older style of bridge saddles? It seems that many sellers are using older images but selling them with the newer saddles. But, now you have a spare in the event you'll ever need it. I still haven't decided if I'm going to purchase the used one on Reverb yet. I'm sort of juggling my money in numerous areas at the moment, so buying that bridge hasn't been a priority lately.

Oh, so you took a gamble to see if it was the older style of bridge saddles? It seems that many sellers are using older images but selling them with the newer saddles. But, now you have a spare in the event you'll ever need it. I still haven't decided if I'm going to purchase the used one on Reverb yet. I'm sort of juggling my money in numerous areas at the moment, so buying that bridge hasn't been a priority lately.
Yep, I assumed it was an older one by the pics and they only had 3 but Hey Ho, I think used is the only route so if you ever do it please let me know.

Back