Marshall amp help

Mike Lopez

I have a A50e which I lay through my Fishman loudbox performer. My pedalboard consists of L R Baggs Align series pedal and a delay pedal. The tone is excellent but like a lot of other players I find myself trying to find the Holy Grail. Now that I am retired I find myself sometimes buying crap that I don't need and in this case it was a Marshall AS50d as a second amp. My issue is that by comparison, the Marshall is very dark sounding. Try as I might, I cannot get my guitar to eq to where the tone is acceptable, much less sound good. My A50e is not a bright sounding guitar but instead has a more mellow tone which I love. ( nothing like a koa Taylor that I owned for approximately 27 minutes and hated every second of it ) Has anyone had a similar experience, suggestions, or solutions that will help before this amp meets the same fate as that aforementioned Taylor.

I just recently got myself an A40E. Love the guitar. However, The electronics is the one place that I think it could be a bit lacking. Just the "in the sound hole" single volume and single tone is difficult to dial in for me. Fortunately, I am running it through a Fender Acoustasonic Jr which EQs out pretty nicely. Took a little fooling around with the settings to get it right, but I have to run the tone fully open on the guitar and then dial it in on the amp. Gets it pretty d*mned close to where I want it that way. I have never tried the marshall acoustic amp so I am not sure if I could guide you through any quirks with that amp.

I have a A50e which I lay through my Fishman loudbox performer. My pedalboard consists of L R Baggs Align series pedal and a delay pedal. The tone is excellent but like a lot of other players I find myself trying to find the Holy Grail. Now that I am retired I find myself sometimes buying crap that I don't need and in this case it was a Marshall AS50d as a second amp. My issue is that by comparison, the Marshall is very dark sounding. Try as I might, I cannot get my guitar to eq to where the tone is acceptable, much less sound good. My A50e is not a bright sounding guitar but instead has a more mellow tone which I love. ( nothing like a koa Taylor that I owned for approximately 27 minutes and hated every second of it ) Has anyone had a similar experience, suggestions, or solutions that will help before this amp meets the same fate as that aforementioned Taylor.
If you are happy with the sound through a Fishman acoustic amp like the Loudbox, the issue is with the Marshall amp, IMHO.

I am not familiar with that model of Marshall acoustic amp, so I don't know what to say other than try your and other acoustic guitars straight into it, bypassing pedals. If you can find a nice or at least acceptable setting easily, that says that your LR Baggs pedal is just being grumpy with it, perhaps. But I would suspect something is Not Quite Right with the amp.

Back