Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

bad news - L&M rep called and found out that my guitar is not even built yet, scheduled to be built in June. estimated date=end of July? seriously? And I was the first one to order in Canada...WTF?!

If I have to wait until July, I will be super pissed. I'm using a crappy, beat up Schecter 7 string that I borrowed from my brother. I can't take it any longer! :(

I can only assume that the model is a very popular model with lots and lots of order ahead of us; maybe PRS went ahead with U.S and/or dealer shipment before shipping out non-dealer/foreign orders.. if this is true then I think that is B.S. People ordered in January still not getting yet some people can purchase it right away?! The least PRS could have done was to deliver the guitar to those who were waiting for months and months before. MAYBE dealers ordered right away just like some of us but a company like PRS should have been able to deliver shipments globally in a timely manner without ditching particular regions (or clienteles), or let people know the approximate shipment date. This really irritates me the more I think about it. It is very unprofessional.

I would cancel the deposit and purchase models that are available right now in a heartbeat if it was possible.

Last edited:
I was definitely somewhere before the mid-way point for orders, and now I'm pretty sure I won't be getting it until July with this news.
That really fucking pisses me off.

yeah totally understand man... I would like to hear what is going on from an official PRS rep if you are reading this thread. Seriously step up your game PRS.

My wife tried to convince me not to buy the Holcomb, and instead to go with a cheaper guitar. I'm almost wishing I had right about now. The amount I spent on the Holcomb, I could've easily gotten a nice Core Cu24 used and bought an Axe FX II. But I figured, hey... it's not so bad, and the wait shouldn't be too long.

So I got quotes on time frames from two dealers, both saying 4-6 weeks, which then turned into 10 weeks after I put the whole deposit down. Now the time frame is.... 18 weeks? Maybe 20?

Unlike the rest of you, I don't even have another guitar. I borrowed my brother's old beat up guitar out of desperation because I needed to play.

I'm wondering if I might just ask my dealer if I can cancel the order. I just can't wait another 2+ months. With them being so popular I could probably find a used one in a year or so.

It actually makes me feel bad that I bought one, and all of you guys are still waiting for yours to come in. I truly hope it's not that much longer of a wait for you guys.

Oh Rich, don't feel bad man! Don't think for a moment we aren't all stoked for you, we are! As well as for everyone else who has grabbed one!

It is just frustrating when as has been said, we were told 4 to 6 weeks and now it is gonna be July. Yet, there are a bunch surfacing every day??

I will patiently wait. Raising a fuss online won't help anything. I just really want my Holcomb! :) At least I know from experience, PRS'S are definitely worth the wait.

Oh Rich, don't feel bad man! Don't think for a moment we aren't all stoked for you, we are! As well as for everyone else who has grabbed one!

It is just frustrating when as has been said, we were told 4 to 6 weeks and now it is gonna be July. Yet, there are a bunch surfacing every day??

I will patiently wait. Raising a fuss online won't help anything. I just really want my Holcomb! :) At least I know from experience, PRS'S are definitely worth the wait.

I agree, they're fantastic guitars. I've owned too many to count. The specs on the Holcomb are amazing, and right up my alley, but the selling point was the 4-6 week time frame. When I found out it was 10-12 I was sad, but I was okay to wait. Now to hear it'll likely be 18+ weeks, I'm just mad.

Now, I know it's my own fault for selling off my gear. No one told me to do that, but when sweet water and other online retailers are selling multiple each day, I just get a bit frustrated. I get that those retailers are PRS' major artery for sales, but the individuals who ordered before the deadline shouldn't be forgotten about. that's the whole point of preordering, I thought. Example:

Pre order an Apple Watch, you'll get it before people who didn't pre order an Apple Watch. (For the most part)

And as said above, I'm super stoked for those who got theirs already, through pre order or online retailers. Just jealous, admittedly. :)

I agree, they're fantastic guitars. I've owned too many to count. The specs on the Holcomb are amazing, and right up my alley, but the selling point was the 4-6 week time frame. When I found out it was 10-12 I was sad, but I was okay to wait. Now to hear it'll likely be 18+ weeks, I'm just mad.

Now, I know it's my own fault for selling off my gear. No one told me to do that, but when sweet water and other online retailers are selling multiple each day, I just get a bit frustrated. I get that those retailers are PRS' major artery for sales, but the individuals who ordered before the deadline shouldn't be forgotten about. that's the whole point of preordering, I thought. Example:

Pre order an Apple Watch, you'll get it before people who didn't pre order an Apple Watch. (For the most part)

And as said above, I'm super stoked for those who got theirs already, through pre order or online retailers. Just jealous, admittedly. :)

Thanks guys again I hope y'all get them sooner than later.

And as said above, I'm super stoked for those who got theirs already, through pre order or online retailers. Just jealous, admittedly.

None of this is going to make you feel better - not that it should. It sucks that you have to wait, especially that you have to wait longer than you were told.

But...while there are players getting their guitars before you, there's no way of knowing when any of those dealers made their orders. Apologies for not remembering the details, but my guess is your dealer didn't just order a number of Holcombs. My guess is they ordered only for customers who, like you, specifically wanted the guitar. I'd bet that somebody like Sweetwater ordered x number of Holcombs as soon as preorders were being taken.

Doesn't make waiting any easier, though.

None of this is going to make you feel better - not that it should. It sucks that you have to wait, especially that you have to wait longer than you were told.

But...while there are players getting their guitars before you, there's no way of knowing when any of those dealers made their orders. Apologies for not remembering the details, but my guess is your dealer didn't just order a number of Holcombs. My guess is they ordered only for customers who, like you, specifically wanted the guitar. I'd bet that somebody like Sweetwater ordered x number of Holcombs as soon as preorders were being taken.

Doesn't make waiting any easier, though.

Oh you're absolutely right. And as mentioned, I get that major retailers like that sell more PRSi than any individual retailer that got one order for it. My frustration comes from the wait. Before I placed my order I had my dealer call PRS and ask what the time frame was. He was told 4-6 weeks after the deadline. Etc....

So the time frame has tripled, even though it was PRS who said it should be 4-6 weeks.

I'm less mad about it now. It's fine. I can wait if I have to. I was just so excited to be approaching the 10 week mark (last update I heard was 10 weeks max), only to find out that I'm probably still another 8 weeks away. It's all good though. Things happen and it does me no good to brood on it. When I get it, I'll love it.

Only way I'll be pissed is if I wait all this time and my top is a dud, haha.

I had a pretty large sell off a few months back and had been splitting the cash between a baby account and a "fun money if something pops up" account, and I'm glad I did! Here's my Holcomb, incoming this week! Stoked! :D

PRS_Holcomb_2_zpsjsloozde.jpg

PRS_Holcomb_1_zpsozaapdxu.jpg

Glad I pulled the trigger, seems some of the tops have been hit or miss but that one is definitely a 10-top to me, and the specs are sweet! Finally had the chance to play a recent pattern thin neck and surprisingly enough it was thicker than my Pattern Regular neck! Thinking the neck carve on this puppy should be just fine, I loved the other specs but just wasn't sure if a Pattern Thin neck would work for me but it seems like as long as the folks handling the neck sanding don't get carried away, it will be a non-issue entirely! :D

Nice top on that one, Matt.
Sorry you guys are having to wait longer than quoted/expected. It's always a downer, but it happens. Sh!t happens in production, it could be anything, you just don't know. Probably won't make you feel better, but I waited 8-9 months after I put my order in until I got my 1st PRS. Mine was just a regular CU22. You gotta remember this guitar is fairly out of the norm specs for PRS, so that throws in a work flow wrench.

Thanks man! Yeah my guess based on the dealers who have already received their orders is that they placed them as soon as PRS told them the model was open for orders. If it's a smaller dealer they might not have ordered any customer pre-orders until after the mega-dealers had placed their orders so I'm sure between this being a limited run and the already-huge production backlog PRS has going on, it's going to add some time to delivery for all of them same as it did with the Dustie LTD Edition sigs that trickled out right before these popped up.

Matty, that thing is beautiful man, congrats! I also agree...that is DEFINITELY a ten top!

As for waiting, ya that is true: all dealers are in a sense "customers" to PRS and that is just the way it is. I remember when they reintroduced the single cut and I ordered a 20th artist package with a quilt top. That was an eight month wait as well. They had a big backlog and were short on artist caliber quilt. Was worth the wait though.....just like I am sure this Holcomb will kill!

Thanks guys! Yeah this was actually doubly fortunate for me as yesterday was my birthday, so in essence it was a self-given birthday present really! ;) Mine ships today so I'll be sure to post up some pics for you guys to help ease the pain. My Dustie sig is pretty slick so I'm sure the Holcomb will be just as awesome! The PRS satin finish is one of the best satin finishes I've played to date, just so smooth and doesn't really smudge up too much (so far, we'll see how these look in a few months with heavy play! :laugh:).

On a side note: I was surprised as how thick the Pattern Thin neck was on my Dustie sig (almost seems to be thicker than the Pattern Regular carve on my CU24 AP!) so I'm hoping the Holcomb is identical because the neck on the Waring is super comfy without being too thick or too thin! :rock: So glad I didn't debate it too long, these seem to be vanishing as soon as they come in! :vroam: Fingers crossed that the other pre-order folks see the guitars sooner rather than later, but I think you'll be very happy with the guitar when it arrives! :top: I'm a huge fan of the specs of the Holcomb so I'm positive this thing will kick major ass and I'm excited to try out the SD Alpha/Omega set too!

Back