Mad Professor Simble vs Weehbo Dumbledore

mflemmer2

I currently have a Mad Professor Simble for Dumble tones, and really like it---definitely a keeper. Has anyone compared it to the Weehbo Dumbledore? The Weehbo looks more tweakable, but I've heard it's not as transparent. Burgs really liked it, and I generally value his assessments. Can anyone give their opinion on differences/similarities, on these two pedals only? Thanks in advance.

Also, what about the Menatone Howie, especially the 7 or 8 knob versions? I know there are different "flavors" of Dumble, and that there is no substitute for the actual amp. The Simble certainly does a good job at approximating many Dumble traits, but I'd like another one that has (like the Simble) touch sensitivity and expressiveness, and sounds reasonably amp-like. The ones I'm considering are a Zendrive (Lovepedal or Hermida---the same sound?), Dumbledore, and Howie. Any help is appreciated!

One of our members, the redoubtable and famous Tag, has owned a Dumble in the recent past, and is a commentator on all things Dumble. I'm sure he'll fix ya right up.

One of our members, the redoubtable and famous Tag, has owned a Dumble in the recent past, and is a commentator on all things Dumble. I'm sure he'll fix ya right up.
I'm all over that---already been in touch with him. Tag's reputation precedes him!

Thanks to everyone for their input---I've decided on a used 7-knob Menatone Howie that appears to be in excellent condition, for $250 (with free shipping). I haven't been able to find out much about the Dumbledore, and the Zendrive seems rather close to the Simble, albeit with some differences. The Howie seems to have it's own thing going on circuit-wise, is extremely tweakable, and is capable of higher gain than the other 3. This will be my first Menatone product, and they're certainly reputable. I thought it would be good to have 2 decidedly different pedals, with different Dumble flavors. Rock on, everybody!

Back