Looking for a Specific Signature series. #521

TaperPowells

It’s my birthday again, so time to try and find this guy! I'm looking for a super long shot. Im trying to track down Signature series #521, it should be an 1989. The guitar would be my birthday guitar 5/21/89.

Unfortunately I know nothing about it or where to even start looking, so I'm coming to you! Im hoping someone here either owns it, or knows who does, or even has seen it somewhere. I can't find anything online, and Facebook groups are bringing me nothing.

If memory serves, the serial numbers on Core and higher models even then (as now) were given in the order of assembly and not per a given model - perhaps the CEs were different, I don't know. So it's very possible that no Signatures were made on 5/21/89.

For example the serial numbers on my PS guitars have no relationship whatsoever to the PS # that's also painted on the back of the headstock. They're completely different.

But...happy birthday!!

If memory serves, the serial numbers on Core and higher models even then (as now) were given in the order of assembly and not per a given model - perhaps the CEs were different, I don't know. So it's very possible that no Signatures were made on 5/21/89.

For example the serial numbers on my PS guitars have no relationship whatsoever to the PS # that's also painted on the back of the headstock. They're completely different.

But...happy birthday!!

I think he’s just looking for #521 and hoping that it was made in 1989

From the Model History page at PRS - HERE

SIGNATURE SERIES: 1986 - 1990. The first ‘ultimate quality wood grade’ PRS, hand-signed by Paul Reed Smith and based on the Custom, extremely figured (artist grade) maple top, bird inlays, only 1,000 made

I have Sig 243, which is 1988 guitar - 521 will almost certainly be a 1989 guitar based on others I've seen with close Sig numbers.

A production set neck guitar with serial 0521 would be a fairly early 1986 guitar.

Sigs have the normal sequential serial plus a sequential Sig number from 1 to 1,000 - so two serials like a PS has today.

Sig 243:)

Pictures673.jpg

Last edited:
Back