Locking tuners

Kusing

Im about to buy the maccarty thinline guitar , but i want to change to locking tuners anyone who knowes Witch ones fits the guitar.

Phase 3 if you can handle the Vintage tuner imprint. John Mann's is a great place to look. There are many threads regarding this on the forum. Congrats on the Thin line!

Im about to buy the maccarty thinline guitar , but i want to change to locking tuners anyone who knowes Witch ones fits the guitar.

Hi ... Im new here. I am responding because I am looking for replacement tuners for a Modern eagle II PRS ... I know that they use a different size Phase II locking tuners than the standard ones. - Im not sure what tuners the McCarty thin-line uses but I know that PRS went through some different spec tuners before developing the Phase III locking ones. - You can also go check and email the PRS webpage. They are helpful. - And if anybody on here knows where I can get some Modern Eagle II phase II tuners (the smaller ones) that would be a big help! Thanks. and Best of luck!

From the "World's Worst String Changer" .... Wait until you get the guitar. I thought just like you before it got it. I have minimal skills, but I have changed the tuners on 2 SE's so far. Were the SE tuners bad ? NO ... I just like the look of the lockers.

Hold tune any better, NO, they just look cooler.

Then enter the S2 "Vintage Non-Lockers ' ... They look cool right out the box. All that brass post ! . And from the factory, come strung as if they were lockers . Minimal wrap around the posts. Very positive feel in micro adjustments (moreso than the SE lockers.

The ultimate test came, when I decided to reduce string tension by going to 8 Gauge strings as opposed to the standard 10's ...

Watch the "Skitchy" video on the PTC site (here on the PRS web page) The "string wrapping" method is simple and cool. Stretch the strings properly, and you will see that lockers "hold tune" better is another one of those fictions ...

But that said, should I cop the SE Hollowbody I'm lusting for, I will cop the SE lockers for that. Only because they look cooler, and no drilling & reaming to fit. If I had to do either of those operations, the SE tuners would stay put too

Watch Skitchy. Become a "Wrapper" !;)

Back