Lock-IT straps

PatLawrence

Hi guys this is my first post so please be kind. I have had a PRS Santana SE for years and had always used a standard guitar strap due to the size of the PRS strap buttons. Over the last 6 months i decided to treat myself to a few American models (513 and a Custom 22) which I'm looking for the best solution for while keeping them stock. I know strap locks are great but you have to fit them which i ideally don't want to use. my question is has anyone used the Lock-it straps on their PRS's and do they remove the straps often. I'm slightly worried that if i purchase one of these straps and repeatedly swap them between all the guitars i would be running the risk of a very expensive accident.

Any advice would be very welcome as I'm still not sure which direction to go.

I haven't had a problem with the standard strap buttons. I know some guys here use the Schaller and Dunlop strap locks. IIRC the new Schiller screw is the same size as the PRS strap button screw...

I prefer Dunlop strap locks on my nice guitar, since they are easy to install and I have yet to see one fail. On my cheaper practice guitar, I just use the rubber washer looking strap locks, never had a problem with those either.

I've been using the new Schaller S locks with the locking screw on guitars with a nitro finish. Every non nitro gets its own strat, that always stays on.

Thanks for the responses guys. The information is pretty helpful would still be great to hear if anyone uses lock-it straps

Pat, I’ve had a lock-it-strap fail on an the neck side of an R9. I caught it in time. This was a few years ago. I don’t know if the design or materials have been changed since then.

“This is a great invention and it works.” ~Paul Reed Smith

According to their website... :D

Back