Let's Hear it . Who's ordered a 408

Mine arrived last week from Guitar Sanctuary. I love it. I am new to forum and have not figured out the posting of pics yet. Mine is 10 top Trampas green.

Mine arrived last week from Guitar Sanctuary. I love it. I am new to forum and have not figured out the posting of pics yet. Mine is 10 top Trampas green.

Welcome and congrats! To post pictures you first need to host the photo somewhere - I like to use Tinyurl.com for single photos or Flickr.com if I want to store a lot of photos. Once you upload the photo, you post the photo link in between image tags, which are [ i m g] url [ / i m g ], but without the spaces. Sorry its hard to explain. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Mine arrived last week. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to play it live through an amp yet. Playing it through my Mustang Floor at home, I will say that the single coils are quite strong and there certainly is a variety of sounds here. Nice not to have the volume drop when you switch to single coil. Love the Trampas Green finish!

IMG_7883.jpg

Beautiful Guitar John . Congrats on the new aquisition.

Mine arrived last week. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to play it live through an amp yet. Playing it through my Mustang Floor at home, I will say that the single coils are quite strong and there certainly is a variety of sounds here. Nice not to have the volume drop when you switch to single coil. Love the Trampas Green finish!

IMG_7883.jpg

This one (the one on his leg) is waiting for me to pick up at my dealer after a successful negotiation that wrested it from Paul. I heard it played by both Paul and Nicky Moroch through a bunch of amps and it sounded great:

374010_483939921626911_695084212_n.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
This one (the one on his leg) is waiting for me to pick up at my dealer after a successful negotiation that wrested it from Paul. I heard it played by both Paul and Nicky Moroch through a bunch of amps and it sounded great:

Mike
Wow nice Private Stock! What's the neck on this one?

My "Frosty" should ship tomorrow. STD w/ Rosie WF neck. Can't wait to compare him to Abby!

374010_483939921626911_695084212_n.jpg

Mike

That's funny, I was with Paul shortly after that, at the Wood Library to order a Private Stock and out to dinner, and he told us that story! Good for you, awesome guitar!!

Beautiful Guitar John . Congrats on the new aquisition.

Thanks Matt. I have played it live a couple of times now and it has not disappointed. I am not normally a believer in one-guitar-does-it-all philosophy but I have to say that this one covers quite a bit of ground. Lovin' it!

That's funny, I was with Paul shortly after that, at the Wood Library to order a Private Stock and out to dinner, and he told us that story! Good for you, awesome guitar!!

Pray tell, how did the story go? All i know is the ending :>)

Mike

I've never liked the 513 and that one guitar covering so many sounds is something I never liked, until.... I got my hands on a 408 during the Experience. there's a Std with rosewood neck on my wish list.

So your wallet accidentally fell on the floor and the Dealer pounced on it and quickly rang the register? ;)

Something like that!

On the dealer's eBay listing, I made an offer. I got some sort of error message or something that made me think that the offer was below the limit they set to automatically refuse the offer. So I moved on and forgot about it, and kept on searching and thinking about it.

Then the next day, I got an email saying the offer was accepted and another email with the invoice.

I was like "hmm, I guess I just bought a 408!" LOL... :D

Back