Let's Hear it . Who's ordered a 408

Pray tell, how did the story go? All i know is the ending :>)

Mike

That he went to do the dealer demo night, and some guy was relentless about wanting his guitar. So he finally surrendered and gave up the guitar. ;)

Well done!

Something like that!

On the dealer's eBay listing, I made an offer. I got some sort of error message or something that made me think that the offer was below the limit they set to automatically refuse the offer. So I moved on and forgot about it, and kept on searching and thinking about it.

Then the next day, I got an email saying the offer was accepted and another email with the invoice.

I was like "hmm, I guess I just bought a 408!" LOL... :D

Too funny. I kind of did the same thing. I made an offer that was not accepted until a week later. I received an email saying from eBay that I owed a seller money. At first I thought my account was hacked, but no it was me. :)

Too funny. I kind of did the same thing. I made an offer that was not accepted until a week later. I received an email saying from eBay that I owed a seller money. At first I thought my account was hacked, but no it was me. :)

Thanks for sharing that, I feel better knowing someone else did a similar thing! :D

Well done Pete...that's exactly how I ended up with my Original Sewell 2x12 too....sometimes ridiculously low offers ARE accepted! ;)

Yup, I learned that from yankeebulldog. He is the KING of getting sweet deals off eBay, including the nicest R9 I have ever played, at a price that blew me away. (Still have Dibs on that one!)

I want 2 one standard seafoam green w/rosewood neck the other one i think i will have to wait i want a quilt top w/Rosewood Neck mixed hardware but i want an Artist Package and thats not available yet oooo i want it in Amethyst purple

sweet!!! that is a sick looking guitar!

Here's a better picture of Paul's old beater :>)

Pauls408FrontC.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome!! Just read the specs on Brian's site - Pernambuco Neck?!? You lucky dog, those are only available now on Collection Guitars!

This is basically a Violin Guitar without the Celtic Knots, and with 408 pickups.

Also I just noticed this has the pickup config of the Collection IV, a Bass pickup in the Treble position, with the Treble wind. A very unique guitar!!

Awesome!! Just read the specs on Brian's site - Pernambuco Neck?!? You lucky dog, those are only available now on Collection Guitars!

This is basically a Violin Guitar without the Celtic Knots, and with 408 pickups.

Also I just noticed this has the pickup config of the Collection IV, a Bass pickup in the Treble position, with the Treble wind. A very unique guitar!!

Built with a Pattern Neck, Honduran rosewood fretboard, Mammoth Ivory birds, a Sterling Silver headstock eagle, and a stop tail. I am very fortunate that Paul was gracious enough to part with it.

A truly unique guitar, and a wonderful addition to my herd. Thanks Paul and all the folks who had a hand in the creation of, and then my acquisition of this guitar.

Mike

I just ordered a Standard in Powder Blue from Guitar Sanctuary. Comes Friday, and I am really stoked.

Back